Today I'm sharing

All Sorts.  I've been having a lot of fun in the craft room and taking photo's along the way.

This card came about because of an inspiration board, more of that later.


 OK here is what went on.  First the basic idea and a few things to work on.  I wanted to feature the Inkadinkado bicycle, and to use shades of pink blue green/turquoise.  Some scraps of paper provided the colour scheme.   Then some stripped corrugated card.


Using the blossom die from a magazine in March, and a tip on how to line up the die with the stamped image that was also in the magazine.  Really simple but it makes all the difference,  Stamp the image, die cut the image in a scrap of card then place it over the stamped image, when it is lined up where you want it place the die over the top and run it through the machine.


I'd decided to layer the die cuts so cut some blanks.


It had been my idea use 3 pieces of blossom and prepared 3 of different thicknesses.  When it came to it the layout worked best with just the one branch.  That bit of stripped corrugated card was glued behind the bicycle image and then shaped so that is curves out from the front of the card.  Sentiment and shape it is on are from another much older magazine set.

Just a reminder here is the card again.

Back to that challenge and one or two others.

Challenge up Your Life - #134 Be Inspired Mood Board.  My notes were 2 wheel vehicle, Pink, Pastel Greem & Turquoise.  

Pixies Crafty Workshop - #400 Always Anything Goes with Snippets and yes please! I would love to be in the draw.

So what did I do with the other blossom die cuts?  Well another challenge I look forward to each month is More Than Words.  This month there is a sketch and the word Perfect.   Of course I went my own way with this.   More Than Words is really a scrapbook challenge their idea is to make a page or memory piece based around the word.  So Perfect a new Baby maybe? Or a moment in time?  Umm it quickly became apparent to me that the word Perfect is a negative.   First thoughts if you achieve perfection then you are done you cannot improve on that.  Strive for perfection aim for it but pray to who ever your deity of choice that you never achieve it.

As if to prove that I'd already made one page but am not entirely happy with it, so I made another and I'm not entirely happy with that either and have no idea which will go into my MTWs journal.

This is the first page.


and this is the second, complete with blossom branch.


So there you have it a little of my play time.  Keep Well, Stay Safe, Wear Your Mask, and Have Fun.

PS

That commenting issue I've talked about, well I just tried to reply to a comment on my blog and got the "opps" message so it is completely indiscriminate.

Comments

  1. I'll be back Zoe to comment properly but wanted to say a big than you for your very sweet words. Plus, Hedge End isn't too far from us and we used to go there quite often - the shopping centre, and also a lovely man who made our wrought iron garden railings is down that way. Oh, and a super New England furniture shop as well!

    I'll be back asap!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying seeing your progress through your art journal! Thanks for sharing your work with us at More Than Words Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your takes on our challenge word. I think they're PERFECT! Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your art journal pages are gorgeous and they both reflect the sketch beautifully!! I cannot pick a favorite - I love them both. Thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Thank you for joining us at MTW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifu! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back Zoe and love your card! Very pretty and also, a tip I also use, cutting a template for the cutting die for an image and then for the die to snuggle in is a foolproof way to die cut. Sometimes I do wing it but time permitting along with the border etc. do use the tip often.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifu!
    Thank you for joining us at
    MORE THAN WORDS challenge
    Olya Ragozina***

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx