Bank Holiday Monday

As spring progresses to summer we have a national holiday, usually it rains but today has been glorious I predict some sun burn.  It is always the way here in the UK one day it is wet and chilly the next soaring temperatures.

I burn easily a tan on me is a shade of yellow so I tend to stay out of the sun.  Pale and interesting that's me, hahaha.  Playing in the craft room watching the birds in the garden was a nice way to spend the day.


Really pleased with the result here.  Using a Tonic Studio box lid die the hexagon shape card was cut out.   Honeycomb themed die cut eclipse paper to make a stencil, laid this over the upper edge of the card blank.  Something I really like to do is use Distress inks with Inkylicious dusters, this time I used Worn Lipstick, Mustard Seed and Tumbled Glass.  The Bee stamp is a polymer one from the £1 box a while ago, stamped in Archival Black the yellow came from a Whisper pen.

Where did these ideas come from? these challenges of course.

AAA Cards - #191 No layers, optional twist use Hexagons

Less is More - #444 Lucky Dip Your favourite technique, we all have a lot of those but ink blending like this is right up there.

C.R.A.F.T. - #599 Shaped card

Cardz 4 Galz - #147 Things with Wings

Addicted to Stamos and More - #406 Make your Mark



  Our blog badge


Leave you now looking forward to long hot days of summer.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, Remember your Mask and HAVE FUN



Comments

  1. Stunning! Love this card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Zoe,

    What a beautiful card, I love the colours.
    Thank you for joining us here at CRAFT challenge, I look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations.

    Love Sue
    CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous CAS card
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smashing make and a fab technique to showCASe your card too, Zoe

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Hugs Sylvia Hoekman-DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful shaped card with pretty blending and yes pale and interesting my end too Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Card Zoe. Thanks for visiting my blog, have a great week! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful shaped card! Your bee is beautiful and love the hexagon background! Thank you for playing with us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    www.secretstamper.com
    Creative Creases Challenge for fun fold cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, the repeating hexagons really make the theme carry through the card. Love the ink blending and colours. Thanks for sharing your favourite technique with us at Less is More.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your rainbow honeycomb! It's perfect for the little bee and your sweet shaped card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is fantastic! I LOVE the rainbow honeycomb, and that bee is bee-u-ti-ful! Love the shape. Thank so much for playing with us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you used the hexagons "two ways"! Lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx