Creative Stamping 94, 95, & 96

A few years ago now a publication landed on the shelves for "rubber" stampers.   The magazine came with a full set of stamps and almost every article inside showed different designers work with just those stamps.  This was something of a novelty other magazines came with stamps and there would be something using them, but the majority of the articles would be about other products.  I was hooked pretty much on issue one.

Time passed and there was a rather long break away from paper crafting.  On my return just over a year ago I gradually started looking at magazines again.  So much so that now I've taken a subscription to Creative Stamper which still comes with a full plate of stamps and sometimes more.  Inside the majority of the articles are dedicated to the accompanying stamps.

Thought I'd show you some projects from the last 3 issues.

Issue 94


I just love the little well with stone walls it was a pleasure to colour.  The little bird on top came with the same set and just looked like a Robin to me.   The ducks are actually from a previous issue from before my break.  This issue came with some printed papers and as soon as I saw this page knew it was perfect for the well.

Challenges

Creative Moments - #215 Anything Goes

Issue 95


This is not the first card made with this set of message in a bottle themed set.  Fans of Lisa Horton will have noted that she contributed some terrific bottles to the collection.  To create this masks were stamped and fussy cut, then of course in layers they were used with stamping directly onto the card.   When everything bar 2 was masked the background was bartered in.  Using big and juicy allowed the development of some ombre while providing a smoothly blended background.

Masks removed the stamped images were all coloured with Chameleon Pencils, these are not watercolour pencils but are super easy to blend.  Popped a little drop shadow in where it seemed appropriate.

Challenges

Addicted to Stamps and More - #406 Make your Mark.  Although I hand coloured all three I'm entering Issue 95 to this challenge.

Just us Girls - #585 Photo Week Those daisies in a jar were really behind this.

Allsorts - #625 Happy Bright and Summer Colours third entry well have you seen the prizes on offer this time!

Issue 96

 


Returned home yesterday to discover the latest issue on my door mat, this will not be in the shops until tomorrow 27th May but that is the benefit of a subscription!   Anyway this set came with a couple of Crafty Individual images.  As soon as I saw the stamps this card had designed it's self.  Stamped this time in Memento inks and coloured with Chameleon Pens.  And yes once again there was some masking and fussy cutting.

The thing with Solvent pens is the bleed through one of the reasons I don't always use them on on layer cards.  To get round that this time I've used a lining stamped with more of the magazine stamps.

Challenges

Cardz 4 Guyz - #271 Create your own Background

Creative Knockouts - #402 Finish the Inside.

 Cardz 4 Guyz Logo Creative Moment Blog Badge 

 Grab our logo 

Apologies to my friends in America and other countries who cannot get magazines with stamp plates but they are something we in the UK relish.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, Continue to take precautions regarding Covid and Have Fun.

Comments

  1. What a super trio of cards Zoe, the one with the couple and dog would suit so many occasions, the Ocean inspire one beautifully stamped but it's the fist that ticks most of my boxes with the rural feel to it.

    Many thanks for joining in our 12th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge. I am also most grateful for your supportive comments over the current 'issue'.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sentiment!! Love that your background is an actual scene...creative!! Thanks for playing along with our "create your own background" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great cards!

    Thank you so much for joining us over at Creative Knockouts, I hope you play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look wonderful, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are stunning!
    Thank you for joining Creative Moments!
    Hope to see you again!
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx