New toys

For a while I've fancied a heat foiling tool, so when Craftstash announced they had Kaleido was back in stock it was irresistible.   The machine is a die cutter and and hot foil machine.   It arrived today as did the new magazine Die Cutting essentials with a beautiful die attached.  I've been struggling with my big shot well both of them and had not really noticed that as the plates became more worn it was getting harder.  Today using my lovely new machine I got the best die cuts I've had in years.   Haven't tried hot foiling yet just deciding on a project.

Then today visiting Crafty Stamper her latest share is a really striking card.  So much so that I had to go to you tube and find a tutorial.  It's called a Diamond Point Fold although in fact it is not a fancy fold but a construction.  Regardless I think it is fabulous.


The base of the card is a piece of 12" square "Ice Blue" card stock.   Cut in half to make a 6" square card  and then part of the other half used for the base of the topper.  Some of the remaining card used for the panel the die cut sits on.   Die cut using white card coloured with Distress Inks.  The topper is a bit to big for the card really but I just wanted to play with these lovely new toys and ideas.

Challenges I'm sharing this with.

Cut it up - #226 Nature include a die cut.

Watercooler Wednesday - #316 Cathy's Challenge All About Occasions

Crafty Creations - #421 Anything Goes

Love to Craft - #58 Anything Goes

Mix it Up - #59 Layering


 SPREAD THE CRAFTY LOVE - grab a badge!  SPREAD THE MIXED UP LOVE - grab a badge


Have you heard Covid-19 infections are on the rise again here in the UK.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, Wear Your Mask and be careful, HAVE FUN.


Comments

  1. Congratulations on getting a new machine. I'm sure you'll have many fun hours exploring all its possibilities. This is a gorgeous first project! I'm happy it cut so nicely for you.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Cut it Up for our Nature challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is a statement fold/construction and what a fabulous card Zoe. Enjoy your new machine x.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx