This is an altered picture frame

Time methinks for a trip to the Charity shops you can find so many surprising things just crying out to be made over.  If you know what you are looking at you can also find some real treasure there!  No not me I just shop for alterable items to add to the pile all waiting their turn.  Like this picture frame.


It was brown plastic faux leather.

First thing then was to give it a coat of white gesso.   Over that a couple of coats of pearlised white paint.  The 613 Avenue has a mood board this month that really sparked my imagination.

 The elements that sold out to me was the Green ribbon/lace at the top.   The pink flowers and the feather, I like to gingham as well but don't have anything like it.   The green lace immediately reminded me of some felt ribbon/lace left which I've been waiting to use.  Next some of my air dry clay pieces sorted out and painted with various acrylic paints.  Next these elements were arranged on the frame to find a pleasing layout, once that was decided on they were glued in place.

This morning I added some small paper flowers in different spots around the frame.  Now it was time to decide what to put in the frame.   A set aside piece of paper that had been covered with texture paste looked really neat, just needed something on top.  A nice un-used AALL and create stamp fills the frame nicely.  Stamped and coloured with Chameleon pens.  Image fussy cut and then additional flower heads stamped, cut and coloured to make this a 3D element.

I'd like to share this with

Fab 'n' Funky - #523 Embellish It!

Try it on Tuesday - Make it Feminine

More Mixed Media - Anything goes with the option of PINK

Creative Artiste - #71 Always Anything Mixed Media Goes

Mix it Up - #49 Anything Goes + Layering


OUR BLINKIE  Follower's Badge

SPREAD THE MIXED UP LOVE - grab a badge


OK so I am going to a Madness concert now, it's a live stream from the London Palladium that they promise will not be available after the event.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, and HAVE FUN

Comments

  1. Nice to see something fresh and bright to remind me it is actually Spring/Summer as the weather doesn't give that impression. I love to pick up charity shops bits for crafting, currently on the hunt for an old poetry book as not many pages left in the last one.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting altered frame. Great collections of finding that you have sed in the design. Pretty. Thank you for joining us this month at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you art work back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous frame. Love how bright it is. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create. Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great makeover Zoe and very feminine.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx