Guest Designer AAA Cards

It is a real delight to share my card with you today as I am the Guest Designer at AAA Cards


I've said it before and hope to have reason to say it again in the future.  To be selected winner and then invited to be a Guest Designer is always special.  It always makes me want to step up to the mark and share something that little bit more special.   The theme of the challenge really helped me this time.


Dry Embossing great I got my light box out recently and have been looking for an opportunity to do some good old fashioned embossing.  Along the edge? well not my usual go to place but then this is a challenge.  In my box of stencils there is this delightful and delicate one that was just right.   Now to remember how to place a stencil when embossing a one layer card.


So once I had remembered how to do everything I settled down to a lovely session of embossing.  It is very soothing going over the card with the stencil below not pushing just following the lines of the stencil and going over it a few times to get a good clean impression.  When it was done and with my stencil still in place I lightly coloured the butterflies and flowers with my Chameleon pencils.

Fortunately Jane at AAA Cards likes this as well.  Thank you to all the team there for inviting me to join in be your guest this time.

If you are not afraid of lots of blank space, or even if you are but want to explore the technique, do please join the challenge they are such a friendly group and CAS is fun to work with.

Of course there are other challenges I'm sharing this with.

Stamping Sensations - For a Lady - Whoops sorry no stamping on this!

Country View Challenges - Use a Stencil (or 2)

Friendship Challenge - #67 Vierecke wollen wir sehen/We want to see Squares

My Time to Craft - #462 No Pattered Papers

Sisterhood of Crafters - Embossing Dry or Heat


Please grab our logo Help yourself to our buddy buttonunser Banner zum Mitnehmen


Please Grab Our Badge!

Comments

  1. Very neat, and it pays to hold on to old supplies we think we'd never use. I gave these away see, now I regret it. Thank you for being our Guestdesigner this time at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us as a guest designer for this challenge at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Zoe. I really love the delicacy and subtle colour but never guessed you'd used a stencil to achieve this embossed look. Thanks for being such a great guest designer at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome technique and I've learned something new today. Gorgeous card Zoe and Congrats on your GDT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! I haven't used this technique in years ... thanks for the push! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely card but Stamping Sensations is a stamping challenge. Anesha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful and very elegant!
    Thank you for linking up at Friendship Challenge!
    Good luck and happy crafting!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many congratulations on guesting Zoe and what a beautiful CAS card. Great embossing technique too x. I also like the way you have photographed and presented the card, not your usual way and I love it x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous way you have used our embossing theme at The Sisterhood of Crafters. Great result. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had to smile, you were ahead with the stamping element Zoe, but it's a delightfully elegant creation all the same.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to see your entry at My Time To Craft.
    We love to see everyone’s work.
    Stay safe and well.
    Good luck, do come back again!
    Hugs, Jackie DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stencilling - really pretty make - thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I lovve seeing 'old' techniques being revived, for these are 'new' ideas to many. I love your on the edge design along with the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at My Time to Craft, your card is perfect for our No patterned paper challenge. Caz. DT. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx