More Alcohol ink on Vellum

Thank goodness it is the week-end, my little part time job has felt like a full time one these last couple of days.   Disappointing but perhaps it is a good thing it is raining today, leaves me without an excuse to get on with some chores at home.

You know how a theme does not always let go of you?  Well CAS Mix Up's Alcohol Ink on Vellum has had that effect on me.


When I saw this Daisy Mae church window image it immediately became a must have, it will be useful for so many occasions.

It is Mixed Media month at CAS Mix Up, so this had to be both CAS and combine different mediums including Alcohol Ink on Vellum, and Stamping.   So in the front of a piece of vellum imaged stamped in Stayzon.   On reverse and with the help of both cotton wool and paint brushes window coloured.  It reminds me of the church windows from childhood, I'd stand outside trying to work out how they would look from the inside.   I didn't want the rest of the image to detract from the window and left it as a plain stamped image.  The vellum is folded over the crease but was falling forward so I added a quick simple sentiment to hide the silicone glue dot holding it back, top right.

On my last entry someone commented that getting vellum wet causes problems and they were surprised that this works.   Alcohol ink is solvent based not water based and unlike water based products that try to seep into the surface, a solvent base will sit on the top although it might spread a little.  Solvent based products like Stayzon, ProMarkers, other solvent/permanent pens and of course Alcohol ink are quicker to dry as well.  The downside is that they do not play nicely together so if the alcohol ink had been used on top over the stayzon ink I would have ended up with a mucky mess.  There is a lot more to it why don't you get your solvent based products out and experiment?

I'd also like to share this with:

NBUS - #28 First time these stamps have been Inked.

Crafty Catz - #559 ATG with twist CAS with a Sentiment


 Grab our badge to display on your blog. Crafty Catz Challenge Blog Badge

Right O those chores are still waiting for me, seems they are not going to suddenly get done without my help.  Stay safe, Keep well & Have fun.

Comments

  1. Beautiful card -love the stained glass window -damp cool and miserable here too after two glorious days!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was struck with the clever way you achieved your coloring and how well you adhered it to your card. It's very reminiscent of looking at a stained glass window from the outside, as you said. Thank you for entering your lovely card at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty effect with the inks and the vellum and a fabulous idea with the stained glass window Zoe x. Thank you too for the explanation about the alcohol inks being solvent based x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely effects on the vellum, thank you for sharing your work at Crafty Catz challenge,Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous,Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Catz this week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you had to get this gorgeous image. It's really beautiful, especially on vellum with alcohol ink colouring. The windows do look like stained glass from the transparency of both AIs and vellum. Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stained glass window is beautiful, Zoe! I love that you left it as the focus! Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS and for the reminder that AIs / ink react differently than AIs / water. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx