Oh yes I got inky

Lets face it I just like mucking around in my craft room, and I'll bet you enjoy your crafting time as well.


This is the result of a little play with Alcohol Ink on Vellum.   CAS Mix Up gave me the idea it's their theme this month Mixed Media with Alcohol ink on Vellum.

Started by die cutting a frame, then trimming a piece of vellum to fit under the frame.   With frame and vellum together a random patten stamp pressed over then both with Black Stayzon.   Flipped the vellum over and dripped different coloured Alcohol Inks, kept adding inks until I happy with the result.   Turned the vellum back over and lined it up with the stamped frame and attached them with red lined tape.   Coloured the frame with felt pens in matching colours.    Once it was attached to the card with raised tape so the light can get behind, I decided it need a sentiment.  Found a simple one and used it with gold ink.

So that is Die Cutting, Stamping, Vellum, Alcohol Ink all while keeping it CAS.

I'm also sharing this with:

More Mixed Media - Anything Goes with an option this month it is Pastel.  Sorry not really pastel this time.

Creative Fingers - #211 Anything Goes


  

Well it's my bed time now, so I'm off to dream of what I can create tomorrow.  Stay Safe, Keep Well and Have Fun


Comments

  1. This is an interesting technique Zoe, everything says wet ink on vellum won't work but clearly it does and with great effect.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have stamped your pattern over the frame and the vellum and the slightly more subdued colours behind the vellum give it an interesting and lovely look. different and very effective. thank you for deciding to use your alcohol inks on vellum and join in with CAS Mix Up this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, what’s not to love pottering at a craft desk?! Lovely & vibrant x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your method of stamping on both surfaces really adds amazing depth and texture to your cards. Thanks so much for sharing it with CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab alcohol inky card! Nice techniques :) Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Creative Fingers!
    (◠‿◠✿) DT Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very artsy and beautiful Zoe! The pattern looks amazing with the mix of alcohol inks. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx