Rolling Thunder

I'm not sure we need rain as much as some other places, and it quite possibly it is not good for the crops at this time of year.  Certainly has not done me any favours today.  Thought I'd have a nice morning walk to the shops, about a mile away.  Just as I was about to go out the havens opened and it was not passing quickly so I drove.   Still wanting to get as many steps in as I could today set myself some targets.  There is a walk around the garden 6 times that gives me 1000 steps so lots of those would be ideal if they could be done when it was not tipping it down.   I do not mind walking in thunder but some lightening would have been nice, but no just thunder clap after thunder clap rolling around overhead.   Did get some of my steps in but not enough.   There is another indoor walk that involves going up and down stairs 10 times to get 1000 steps in.  Just have to put it down as good indoor exercise am still hoping to manage 22000 today but had wanted more.

Actually all the around home walking has also eaten my creative time, another reason why I wanted to walk to shops this morning.  hay ho.

This is a journal page put together over the last couple of days.


We Love Chocolate Baroque are looking for Beautiful Blooms this month.  I wanted to join in and I wanted to use both the Hydrangea stamp and the Butterfly.   Have inked coloured and fussy cut them I used a piece of rejected dry embossing as background.   It was then that I realised I did not want to make a card, so how to use them.

That black journal again as the pages are just the right size.   Painted the page with various Imagination Crafts star lite paints green, blue, pink and cream layering them and mixing the a little.   Next a Tim Holtz stencil with a glitter embossing paste pushed through in small sections.  Then the toppers were added, the flower head and the butterfly wings shaped with a ball tool and attached with silicon glue to help keep the dimension.

Couple of other challenges who might smile at this

Sisterhood of Crafters - Anything Goes

Paper Funday - #31Anything Goes with optional twist Summer Fun.  + they are joining up with Inspiration Station for a joint blog hop at the weekend, I'm told there will be prizes.

Simon Says - Fun and Quirky

Make My Monday - #152 Anything Airborne.  I was going to use "the virus" in some way for this as it is airborne but time got the better of me.


Feel free to share on your own blog 

OK those last few steps are not going to happen while I sit here typing so guess it is time to move.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, and Have Fun


Comments

  1. WOW! This is awesome Zoe!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about the rain and crops, we are way behind with hay and it's going to make it expensive come Winter and a lot was laid by the storms. But you would never know the days are not sunny and bright from your creation Zoe, so fresh and colourful and spot on with the Hydrangeas as mine are beautifully in bloom as they are close to the hose and protected.

    Thanks so much for being a visitor to We Love Chocolate Baroque again and sharing your pretty creation.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the colours . Thank you for joining We Love Chocolate Baroque. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous mix of images and colours. Thanks for joining my challenge at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's rained here for a month straight....I'm over it LOL....on to your project which is stunning..as usual!  Thanks for entering the challenge at The Paper Funday and Best of Luck in the Draw! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous butterfly. Thanks for playing along with us in our Airborne Challange at Make My Monday. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your creation so beautiful that we are very grateful 😃 at The Paper Funday Challenges for having your work with us 🥰 !
    Marci - DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx