Sea Fever

 Sometimes you go into your craft space with not idea of what you will do.   Today there was just an idea of doing something sea themed.


Base card given waves and clouds with 2 different stencils and ink.  The waves are DI Salty Ocean and Adirondak Lake Mist applied with Inkylicious Dusters.  Topper die cut then with die in place the remaining Salty Ocean ink on the duster applied.   Sentiment then stamped with Versa Fine Majestic Blue.    The sea bird had been stamped previously so all I had to do was fussy it and then discharge the last of the Lake Mist onto it.

The sentiment is the second verse of the famous poem "Sea Fever" by John Masefield.  It is a poem that always puts me in mind of the Daphne du Maurier novel Rebecca.

Challenges I'm joining with this.

Watercooler Wednesday - #320 Dawn's Challenge All About Occasions

Try it on Tuesday - Travel and Adventure

Make My Monday - #152 Anything Airborne

Get Creative - #103 Anything Goes Optional Twist Show Water

Allsorts - #632 Masculine

Country View Challenges - Use a Stencil or two


 Grab our logo 

Rules might be changing but still Take Care and Stay Safe but most of all Have Fun



Comments

  1. Yes I can see the connection of the CB's Macefield poem and Rebecca, still prefer the original version of that one. The Ocean waves work so well with the stencils, a great card for our Masculine theme at Allsorts this week, thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a calm and peaceful card with the most beautiful verse and the most fabulous scene themed card Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card. Great sentiment and love the bird. Thanks for sharing over at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is absolutely brilliant what a wonderful sentiment and card design I love the seagull perched on the tag and the lovely waves, thank you for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that quote.. and your card is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A poem I've always loved. Your card reflects it perfectly. Thanks so much for joining us for our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stunning. I love the quote. Thanks for joining my challenge at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card and how perfectly matched is that poem. Thanks for joining us at WWC. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, great stencilling and beautiful poem!!! Thank you for joining the July challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! I feel the call of see too...
    Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx