This is more like a British Summer

Woke up this morning to a cooler day, so nice and so refreshing.  Order of the day Cut the Green Stuff it will be comfortable to do so today.  But first I want to share a card with you all.


The idea for this came from some of my recent walks watching bees gathering pollen from wild flowers.  I'm not sure the work Park applies to the marsh land round our river Freshney but it is a wonderful wilderness to walk along the river bank.  From here you can filter out a lot of the traffic noise and enjoy birdsongs, see wonderful wildflowers being harvested for their pollen (and that means pollenated of course) by Bees making the most of them.

The daisy image is an old Craft UK unmounted rubber one something between 15 and 20 years old.  I was very surprised to realise that this is the only one that I have cut from the plate so far really must look for opportunities to make use of the others.  Flowers stamped 3 times once on the card base, 2nd impression provided the top flower that has been layered over the base image, 3rd on eclipse paper to cut a mask.   The stencil is from Stamplorations dusted with DI wild honey.  The little bee is probably the best bee stamp I have and is from Magenta.  The bee and the flower were coloured with Chameleon Pens and attached with silicone glue.

I'm sharing this with:

CASology - #393 Park

C.R.A.F.T. - #607 Summer

Water Cooler Wednesday - #320 Dawn's Challenge All about occasions, this card would suit just about any.

Shopping our Stash - #450 Quit Bugging me

Paper Players - #550 CAS and bee themed


  

As the pandemic continues to cause confusion and conspiracy theories abound please Stay Safe and Keep Well while continuing to HAVE FUN.


Comments

  1. This is so very sweet and perfectly reminiscent of a walk through the park! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players for my CAS bee challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Zoe and I agree today is much more like a British Summer-been way too hot here hasn't it! I like how you kept the flowers plain and just added the touch of colour to one to match the flower and the stencil-nice touch. And super to see some dimension here-always good in a CAS card. Nice to hear you talk of walks in woods ans birdsong-I love to do this too. Thanks for joining us at CASology x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! I love the stenciled honey comb and the black and white flowers. The way you colored just the one really makes it stand out! Thanks for sharing at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card - a really beautiful design. I am loving the cooler weather today too. Take care! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fresh and pretty card and glad the air is fresher x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bee and daisies!
    Thanks for "bugging out" with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zoë, I love the composition of this project. Once again I am impressed with your powerful use of color in your designs! Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful project with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, DT
    A Place To Start, Owner
    613 Avenue Create, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    Shopping Our Stash, DT
    The Color of Cards, Owner

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx