Paper Funday Guest Designer

I do enjoy the opportunity to be a Guest Designer, so when at the beginning of August, my Challenges for Days and Inspiration Station Teamie sent me an email to say I had been randomly been selected to be Guest Designer for Paper Funday I did not need asking twice.  Well there was one condition if the theme was Christmas then I would not have been able to join in.  I rather think Donna laughed at that, she knows me and my attitude to 365 days of Christmas challenges.

In the event the theme is Autumn/Fall, although Donna did feel it necessary to remind me that my project must be paper based.  Also as a guest I would not be entitled to a digi stamp from the sponsor.  That would also have been tongue in cheek as digi stamps require a printer and I do not have one.

So theme and paper stipulation in mind the idea for this journal page popped into mind.


My starting point was the embossed panel.   3 pieces of kitchen paper folder together to make it 6 layers.  This was sprayed with a variety of Glimmer mists starting with yellow and developing up to darker colours.  While the wad of paper was still wet it was run through the big shot with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  To ensure a good deep impression it was run back and forth a couple of times.

Next some leaves were die cut with pink parchment.   Got to work on these with DI, Mustard Seed, Ages Mahogany, Crushed Olive, Spiced Marmalade, and Rusty Hinge.  Next came the squirrel, this was a magazine set stamped in brown Memento and coloured with Chameleon Pens,  I have never seen a red squirrel just their nemesis the grey one and the image on the stamp resembles that species so it was coloured with that in mind.

Now the page itself called for attention.  The blending mat used with the DI and the leaves was sprayed with water and dragged across the bottom of the journal page.   Across the top blue watercolour from a Preloaded water pen, this was spread down with a water filled water brush.  Then plain water dripped onto the "sky" to be lifted with another piece of kitchen paper.   My original idea had been a representation of those crisp dry autumn days when you can shuffle through piles of dry fallen leaves.

The Paper Funday team is ready and waiting to see how you will represent Autumn/Fall and there is a sponsor donated prize.

I'm also sharing this with.

Sweet Stampin' - Lots of Layers

Funkie Junkie - De-Stressing with Distressing

Country View Crafts - The Leaves begin to Fall

Friendship Challenges - #69 Autumn/Leaves Herbst / Blätter 

The Four Seasons - #01 Always anything goes reflecting the current season (Northern hemisphere season).  Brand New Challenge from the Double D girls Good Luck.


 Help yourself to our buddy button  unser Banner zum Mitnehmen

Right back to my busy work week.  Don't forget Stay Safe, Keep Well & Have Fun

Comments

  1. Hi Zoe: Your card is wonderful, and we're SO delighted to have you play along in our very first challenge (very first entry even) at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog. I do hope you will continue to play along in our challenges. We sure look forward to seeing more of your wonderfully creative art.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Four Seasons Challenge Blog DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog! Your project is so beautiful and so very creative! I love how you used kitchen towel to make the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out fantastic, and loved to read the details of how your creation came to be. Thank you for guesting at Paper Funday and for joining our first challenge at Four Seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully created Fall journal page! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
    Diane FS DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That´s a beautiful project. I love the colours.
    Thanks for joining at Friendship Challenge.
    Good luck and happy crafting!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you did the embossing with the kitchen towels and the glimmer mists look fabulous. I can feel the shuffling through those dry Autumn leaves Zoe x. Many congratulations on guesting x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is such an awesome design Zoe! Congrats on your Guest Designer spot!! So creatively artsy!! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    THE FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blue and rust colours contrast beautifully on your page! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're project is awesome and I love reading through your process. We are honored you accepted our invite to Guest Design Teamie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your GDT spot Zoe. Great journal page and love the Autumn leaves-I am with you on Christmas cards I have the grand total of one made and just cannot get into Christmas card mode-I actually think this year might be a bought cards year!!!
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very lovely card! Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgous fall colors! Love the fall leaves. Thank you for joining us at the Funkie Junkie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab journal page. Love the colours! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful fall journal page!!! Thank you for joining the September challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx