River of Creativity 007 The Gift

As this is published I'll be waking up in a hotel for the 2nd day of a visit to the NEC and the Craft Fair.   My friend went for the first time pre covid and really wanted to visit again as she loved it.   Last time we went in March, as a stitcher my friend had so much fun looking at and choosing fabrics there.   I'm not sure how much fabric we will see this time and hope she will not be to disappointed.   On the up side as this is the Autumn/Christmas one there will be lots of Christmas and sparkle which she loves.  Oh the things I do for my friends hahaha

All of which fits quite nicely with out theme this month at River of Creativity.  We are hoping and expecting you to take inspiration from "The Gift".   The team have their own ideas about this and there are some very creative examples to inspire you.  It was going to be next months theme hence challenge 8, but during the changes we agreed to postpone the scheduled challenge until next year.


When the theme was first out there thoughts of the season or Christmas had not entered my head.   Time passed and with changes going on in the team trying to develop something around the idea of the gift of talent slipped.   We are not a card challenge and aim to inspire encourage all styles of creativity from Abstract Art to Zentangle  as well as everything you might do.   

For expediency I have been guilty of making card samples and really want to stop, there are so many other creative things that are really relaxing and enjoyable to do.  So what to do this time, with a shortage of that very same element?


Make packaging of course, after all it is what gifts come in.   When I got the Big Shot it came with a die to cut out a small box and some other decorative elements, the cream and purple box with flower bottom right came from those.    The pillow box was cut and shaped with a We R Memory Keepers board, for decoration a blue Foamiran leaf spray in a tonal blue was die cut and popped on top with ribbon from my stash.

The other boxes are Origami folds box and lid.   Two were folded using 6" square Origami papers, the larger one top left used 12" paper.  So long as your paper is square any size will work.   Once again Foamiran flowers with a touch of gilding and another leaf spray were used to embellish the box.  If you don't know how to make an Origami folded box this is a link to a very good tutorial.

Remember a Gift is not just for Christmas nor does it always come wrapped in pretty paper.   Why not show us your Gift and gift ideas at the River of Creativity.

Sharing this with

Country View Crafts - Christmas Gifting

Paper Funday - #35 Anything Goes + optional twist Thanks/Thankful/Grateful

Comments

  1. Beautiful gift boxes and P,paper -I have made origami boxes before and have a few made just waiting for the lids lol. Enjoy the craft show and hope your friend finds some beautiful material
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such unique and creative gift boxes Zoe x. Hope you and your friend are enjoying the NEC show? x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful project. Thank you for joining in with my challenge over at Country View Crafts Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous projects! I adore creating my own gift boxes, tags and papers...well done Zoe, Thanks for sharing your lovely projects with us at The Paper Funday Challenges! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant makes! Apologies for my late comment! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges and good luck. Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx