River of Creativity Challenge - #08 Celebrate

When we started River of Creativity we wanted to encourage people to stretch themselves a little, step outside their usual craft style.  For reasons I'll not bore you with it has been decided that the challenge will take a break after this December one.   We will be back in 2022 when we have re-configured things a little.

For December we decided our challenge should have the prompt of Celebrate.  What better way to end than by celebrating all styles of crafty.

I've made a wall hanging.


Started with a Stamps Away kit and arranged the 4 panels in an design that appealed to me, they are fixed in place by two cross pieces attached at the back.  There were some hexagon die waste on the table, saved for just this kind of project.   Arranged this on the surface of the panels then sprayed Indigo Blu inks in Red Green and Blue over them.  Let them dry a little and then applied Lava Paste randomly over the piece.  Love this paste it expands when you heat it but that is a very controllable effect by and large just enough heat was applied to create a puckered surface that would suck up the colour, only the peaks lift above the colour and show up as white dots.

Setting the base aside embellishments and toppers had to be sorted out.  When I got my Chameleon pens there were some colouring cards to help you practice with all the degrees of fading colour in.  I used one of these for the daffodils once coloured they were carefully fussy cut.  There was some mental debate about using a pre-printed image but the flowers were exactly what was wanted and won out.   The Bee and the Butterfly were stamped coloured and fussy cut.  

The letters spelling out "Celebrate Life" have been punched out of some paper from that mountain.  Gloss Gel medium spread, randomly, over the  plates for the sentiment to be attached by.   Some of the gel medium has also been touched over the edges of the butterfly wings, all the fussy elements were then stuck on.  Finally a piece of red eyelash yarn tied through the holes that were in all the panels when they arrived.

I'm thrilled with this little plaque it incorporates so many of my favourite things.  Texture, Mixed Media, and colour.  I hope, we all hope, our pieces will inspire you to join us at River of Creativity and please do visit the wonderful projects by my teamies.



Other challenges I'm sharing this with

Creative Artist - #78 Always anything Mixed Media Goes

613 Avenue Create - #12-2021 Anything goes with twist Any Holiday.  Is life a Holiday? depends how you live it.

We Love 2 Create - #12-2021 Always Anything Mixed Media Goes  

These are the sort of challenges the world would be poorer without we need more challenges like these.  


Follower's Badge OUR BLOG BADGE


Comments

  1. Loving your mixed media piece Zoe and the Daffodils are a welcome hint that once we get past that occasion everyone is talking about later this month, then Spring will be on it's way, at least we can dream of it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to come here for a closer look.... I love the shape the colours, the textures... Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m always ready for Spring right after Fall. Winter is too cold for my liking. I’m fine with putting up with a snowy December, but then I’m ready for Spring. Your great mixed media wall hanging has me dreaming of flowers and bees and butterflies again. I love all the texture in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous mixed media hanging Zoe love the textured background and added Bee/Butterfly.Hope you are not away too long and thank you for inviting me to be GDT
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how beautiful this wall hanging is I love all the amazing detail the flower, the butterfly and Bee the colours are a wonderful mix, superb project
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful mixed media decor creation! Your project has lots of wonderful texture and eye pleasing details.

    Thanks so much for stopping by our house at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah,
    A Place To Start, Owner
    613 Avenue Create, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    Shopping Our Stash, DT
    The Color of Cards, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so creative and lovely and a very welcome little hint of spring, I really do dislike winter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So striking, love the layout and design and all the mixed media elements Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous wall plaque Zoe. The colours, textures and images are all stunning.
    Thank you for joining in with our December challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Christmas wishes to you x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and cheery! Thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx