Phoenix Rising.

 A couple of weeks ago I came across a small British shop, The Craft Hut.  They sell some amazing moulds for resin casting.   These moulds are deep and detailed I think using a clay would be difficult with them as getting them out could be tricky.

Had to wait for a couple of days for them to be delivered, as soon as they got here I missed up some resin and poured.  Well before pouring the resin I "painted" Magic Mica all over the inside applying different colours to each area then crossed my fingers.  Needless to say when it came out of the mould I was thrilled.



Then it just needed something to be displayed on.  One of the Tando kits I've been supplied with by Tando is their Assorted Plaques one of which I have shared with you previously.   Another one this time was just the right size to show off my phoenix.

Painted the greyboard with black gesso.  Then pushed structure paste through a stencil onto the plaque where the resin piece would not cover.  When the paste had set the stencil was put back on colour applied with the same magic mica that was used in the mould.   The edge of the plaque and around the hanger.  Everything glued together with silicon.   For a final touch some copper gliding wax was touched dover the top of the phoenix.

Sharing this fun little piece with

613 Avenue - #202222 Anything Goes (sorry no Whimsical Valentines here.)

We Love to Create - #2 Always Anything Mixed Media Goes

Creative Artiste - #79 Always Anything Mixed Media Goes

NBUS - #35 Always Anything with Never Before Used Stuff (The Mould and the Magic Mica)

Love to Craft - #66 Anything Goes

Mixed Media Lovers - #10 Anything Mixed Media Goes  I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to have found this site which started just 2 days before my own River of Creativity!


FOR YOUR BLOG, OUR BADGE Follower's Badge Grab our badge to display on your blog. 

I hope you enjoyed this, I know I did.  Take Care and Have Fun

Comments

  1. Stunning piece of artwork! Amazing how the colors are so brilliant. Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW the phoenix looks amazing and a fabulous result from the micas and resin Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it nice when you fine a new store, I've a feeling I've seen this one at shows (you know in normal times), loving the depth of colour you have used which further emphasises the detail of the piece.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Such fabulous work of Art!! Love the phoenix you made with resin, pouring and magic mica!! And you made for it also the perfect base!! I'm very impressed! Love the touch of gilding wax on the top of the wings! Fabulous creation, Zoe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is absolutely brilliant love the colours of the Phoenix
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnificent piece of art. The colour are so vivid and vibrant against the black background. An excellent interpretation of a phoenix rising out of the ashes
    Thank you for sharing with us at NBUS.

    Prudence
    NBUS February Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally gorgeous..
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great!
    So glad you joined Mixed Media Lovers..
    Marlies, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, fabulous and stunning piece and happy for you that you are so pleased with it as well. I know nothing about this type of art, but sounds like all went well on this one. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic, Zoe! Just amazing and I can imagine how brilliant it is in real life! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
    Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  12. super gaaf gedaan
    bedankt voor het meedoen aan onze challenge
    groetjes jolanda bongers
    DT mixed media lovers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is really very special. Great work, you should be pleased xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning. It caught my eye in the thumbnails on the NEBUS challenge. Some great ideas. The mica before the resin was genius. Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx