River of Creativity Challenge 10

River of Creativity is still in a holding patten, we are going to Re-Launch the challenge next month.  For now we are running Anything Goes to encourage you to create anything you like.  Be it trying your hand at something new or redoing an old favourite.

I've been experimenting with journals.


This is an attempt at Realistic Abstract.  The page was given a couple of colour washes.  A circle punched from green paper and stamped with my No.1 stamp, this PSX Cats face I was thinking of man in the moon.   Next I drew a skyline on a separate piece of paper which was then stencilled, the design then cut and torn out.  Finally the seaman stamped own some printed paper and fussy cut.  

The page given a coat of matt medium and all the other elements placed on it.   This was created just because and that is certainly one of the main joys of journalling, you do not have to have a reason just the design to experiment and let your River of Creativity flow.

I hope you are tempted to create something of your own that you will share over at the challenge site.

I'm also entering this into

Creative Fingers - #224 Always Anything Goes

Art Journal Journey - Show us your Style

Love to Craft - #66 Always Anything Goes

This was fun and that is what it is all about.

Comments

  1. Great journal page Zoe and love the abstract result.If I had held out another day I could have added my Steampunk tag lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mix of images and elements on your journal page. It is something I have never done, maybe one day.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great journal page, I thought I recognized a Vera stamp, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoe, your links are not showing at Art Journal Journey. After you left a sweet comment, I went looking for you. There are two empty links, which I am sure are yours. If you are having trouble leaving your link, I would be more than happy to help in any way I can. It's obvious you have a journal page, and it certainly fits Bleubeard's and my theme, so I don't understand the problem. However, I was intrigued by what you are calling a realistic abstract. Sounds like an oxymoron to me. I really like this and am certainly glad you found us. I'll be back soon to check out your challenge blog, too. For now, I want to say how sorry I am for missing this and your next post, too (which I will visit next). Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey. I was certainly impressed with this journal page.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx