Owl'll share this one with you.

I know a dreadful heading but sometimes they are the ones you have to use. Yesterday after work I had a little play in the craft room.



Got this journal cover mould from the Craft Hut not long again and then with some of their casting compound cast this. The compound goes off fast so the same day it was coloured etc. Variety of colouring mediums used, some velvet ribbon and a crafters foam flower. Plus my absolute favourite Bee stamp. What you cannot see in this picture is the effect of the metallic paints, there is gold, copper and silver in there.

The casting compound is easy to mix and work with probably more so than resin or air dry clay. What I really love about it is that if the compound is mixed with the binder (and not water) the resulting piece is something that you can put outdoors. So a plaque like this one could be incorporated into a garden wall!

Sharing this with

NBUS - #63 Anything goes with never before used Schtuff. Both the Mould and the Compound this time. Special Hi to buddy Kathy (Purple Princess) who is the guest there this month. x

613 Avenue - #202203 Anything Goes option Succulent inspiration

Paper Funday - #39 Anything Goes (there is a colour option but not used here). Sorry Girls it had to be done! see your sister challenge Inspiration Station on Monday!

Creative Crafters - #50 Anything Goes

Love to Craft - #67 Anything Goes

Mixed Media Lovers - #11 Anything Mixed Media Goes


GRAB OUR BADGE FOR YOUR BLOG, OUR BADGE Grab our badge to display on your blog.


OK so I might not have had time to make and share much recently, but there is still no reason to enter every challenge going now is there 6 is more than enough.  thank you all 

Comments

  1. Fabulous journal cover and mould and little Bee
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous journal cover and that owl looks amazing and good to hear it could go outside Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning piece with your moulds Zoe and it's interesting that it could stay outdoors

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome project! The texture and colors are amazing, that type of medium is new to me, you have made me very interested in doing some research about it! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in AWE of this, Zoe. I adore it. You did a great job with the mould and the texture you created. It is an amazing journal cover. I even loved the title of this post. I love a good play on words.


    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous, I am intrigued. I have never used moulds before, love the look and the idea of making things for outside xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Zoe, what a great idea! This fabulous cast owl with her flower and her pet bee would look dynamite on a garden wall or a potting shed! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. wauw wat een mooie uilenkaart
    bedankt voor het meedoen aan onze challenge
    groetjes jolanda bongers
    dt mixed media lovers

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
    Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mooi!!!!
    Zo leuk dat je meedoet met Mixed Media Lovers!
    Marlies, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx