Tando Hexagons and my first videos!

As you probably know by now I am on the Tando design team and we are often given different and quite challenging Tando kits to work with.  Over on the blog and in FaceBook we also like to have themes.  This year on Tuesday's we have been showcasing our different ideas using the Hexagon grab bags.  Today is my turn.

This is the finished piece under natural light .



Having chosen to work on a box canvas 20" x 8" it quickly became apparent that it was  not going to be easy to take photographs of this on my work table.  Added to which this is to be my first Video demonstration and the canvas certainly would not all fit into view.  The canvas was prepared with structure paste pressed through a Hexagon stencil, not using the whole stencil just bits of it here and there.  When the paste was ready various metallic Glimmer Mists were sprayed over and allowed to run down the canvas.  A day or so later when the canvas was fully dry it was time for my first attempt at a video demonstration;  Scary but exciting.

I did it in 2 parts 

The canvas was finished by adding the Hexagons, not necessarily in the ways suggested in the video but in a pleasing manner.

This is the finished piece under electric light.


Doing this was so much fun and a great opportunity to try lots of new ideas, I hope you enjoy watching the videos as much as I enjoyed making them.

I'd also like to share this with,

Creative Artiste - Always Anything Mixed Media Goes

613 Avenue - Anything Goes (optional twist ???)


Follower's Badge FOR YOUR BLOG, OUR BADGE


Comments

  1. I saw your mention of uploads and gathered from what you said they take an age same as they do for me. I shall go take a peek , I always find hexagons very pleasing shapes to work with.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very creative canvas Zoe, love the grungy but also modern look! A lot of work and fun here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome creation Zoe, I love the very rich colours.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful project and video!
    So glad you have posted this to us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting take of your assignment Zoe. Beautiful details. Very lovely work. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artist this month. Hope to see you back here again soo. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful project love the different textures. thanks for joining us in our March Monthly Challenge over at 613 Avenue Create. Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. So many textures. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create. DT Vesna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx