By the Seaside Journal Page

 Happy Easter, Passover and Ramadan.  All three of the Judaism based faith's celebrate their holy days at this time of year.  As Christ went to Jerusalem for the Passover holiday so it is not surprise that the Christian Holy Week occurs at the same time.   Ramadan is not obviously linked to the Jewish time of remembrance but is the 9th month of the Islamic calendar so naturally falls at about the same time.  Personally I believe that all 3 of them have roots much further back in time when a spring festival of renewal might have been celebrated by our ancient ancestors.  As these things were not documented in any way known to us we can only speculate.  Anyhow enjoy this weekend in your traditional way.

None of this has anything to do with this journal page.


Well nothing unless you live near an English Seaside where this weekend all roads leading to it will be extended slowly moving car parks.  The most important places in my personal geography are Blackpool (Born in St. Annes) Bournemouth (Lived there for 30 + years and would move back to the south coast if I could) and Grimsby (where I live now)  All three are on the coast and all three are part of a thriving seaside culture.  Frankly I cannot imagine living inland without a large body of water nearby.

When the Mintay Seaside pad and embellishments were published it was a must have for me.  Unusually for me they have not just been looked at, stroked and admired but I actually cut into a page.  Well they do offer a whole lot of opportunities to fussy cut different images and elements out.

The page was covered with chalk based pastel just pulled across in lines and then smudged with my fingers.  The Mintay Lighthouse stuck to white card and then painted, with the 2 fussy cut elements the basic structure of the page was in place.   The seagull bottom left is an old wood mounted inkadinkado stamp one of my favourites and often referred to as the Joker.   Stamped in Clair Grey and fussy cut.   The other stamped images came from a Creative Stamper set from either last year or the year before, Mermaid coloured with felt pens.

The chorus of an old popular music hall song copied onto the page.  It expresses my pleasure in coastal living complete to the stroll along the prom, prom, prom.

If you are interested I have only found 1 UK outlet for Mintay papers, you can find them at Mad Arches.

Now I'm going to share my page with:

Art Journal Journey - Play it Again Sam

Pearly Sparkles - #72 Anything But a Card

Mixed Media Lovers - #12 Anything Mixed Media Goes

Creative Artiste - #81 Always Anything Mixed Media Goes

Comments

  1. I too love to be and live by the sea Zoe and I count myself lucky. Love your seaside scene and the hand written chorus x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree about the sea -ooh that ryhmes lol.I spent alot of my childhood school holidays at Spurn Point when it was the old cottages as my Uncle was a lifeboat crew member,happy times.Great journal page and love all the seaside images
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popped back to say-Thank you for coming to joining us at Pearly Sparkles
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter, Passover, Ramadan, Zoe. I hope today is blessed for you.

    You are SO lucky. I live in the very center of the U.S., so I am about as land locked as one can get. Living by the sea is such a treat, I'm sure. Your journal page is fabulous. I remember that seagull stamp. I love your lighthouse and the mermaid, too. They all go well with the great song you have chosen to share. I'll be humming it a lot today. You have certainly given us a taste of the seaside. Thanks so much for sharing this great page, along with the chorus with us at Art Journal Journey using Alison's great theme.


    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, amazing journal page!! I live near the sea and LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't live right at the coast any longer, but I live within 30 minutes of it. I can't image being away from the ocean too far either. I love spending time on or near the water. Your page is very lovely. You certainly captured the feel of the seashore. Thanks for sharing with us at Art Journal Journey. I hope whichever holiday, if any, you celebrate you have a wonderful day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
    Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Journal page. Great card, Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our "For the Girls" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great are journal page. The details were beautiful. Thank you for joining us this month at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx