Allsorts - No Stamping


Amanda over at Allsorts set the challenge this week banning the use of rubber stamps in our responses. Have taken that to mean no stamping and resisted the temptation to use clear stamps. As she says there are lots of things to do without stamping!

For this I used a dreamweaver stencil, colouring the image with daubers and them using translucent embossing paste. When it the stencil went back over the image and a layer of crackle paste applied. When that dried and the crack developed you could see the colour but the image was mostly white and a bit boring so the whole raised image was rubbed down with a sanding pad and the daubers lightly re-applied. A bit of DTP dragging, Papermania silk flowers added with brads, a teal mat over an a6 card made of my papermania strokable card!

it was tough (in fact on another card the stamps came out without my even thinking about it) but its done! Look no stamps!

Comments

  1. well done you, I so know what you meen about getting the stamps out with out thinking lol well we have both completed the challenge I love the card you made and the omagination you went too well done, and thanx for poppin by it gives me the oportunity to see more fantastic blogs love the pressies you recieved really nice.

    Love Dawn xx

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. It makes a change to do no stamping - doesn't it?
    Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment.
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fab job with no stamps! katxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww now I like that and you still managed to get ink out YAHOO clever you

    Great design and colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great hun boy its hard not to get the stamps out but you have done a brilliant job hun hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zoe

    It's a real toughie this week isn't it, we all grab those stamps without thinking. But it's good to stretch us and just look how creative this is and you have come up with a fab card.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty Zoe! I agree that it was tough not to stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Zoe

    I spent ages doing my DT creation for this challenge. There is some stamping on almost everything I make normally.

    Great take on the challenge. Well done.

    Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Zoe,
    Thanks for the link to this challenge. Just yesterday I made a card with no stamps so have entered. (My first challenge).
    Love this card of yours.
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a year or two ago Zoe, hate piccies and this was a compromise !

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. well done you this is a lovely card!

    thanks for joining in on my challenge this week at Allsorts

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card great embelishments
    thank you for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx