Tuesday Tagger - Touchy Feely Texture


This week is all about texture at Tuesday Taggers, time to get out those fibres and ribblers and pastes you have tucked away. For me texture adds so much dimension to a piece not necessarily touch but the illusion of texture. Try brushing Rangers Daubers over wet PVA glue it will crack in line with the brush strokes! great effect but still smooth to stamp on thanks to Von for this tip. So while you are recovering from the Bank Holiday and keeping the family occupied for half term - sympathy to those of you with youngsters in the middle of their GCSE's - have a play with what ever you have to hand and get away from it all with some touchy feely craftin''.

My base card run through the big shot with an old Fiskers texture plate, then worked with Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire and Crushed Olive. Nestie shape cut out and treated to same colours then Tanda ship stamped in Chipped Sapphire spritzed with water before stamping. If you know power boats you may know what an impeller is, something that forces water through the system i think. Found two at my old job that had been replaced and Andrew turned the image they made into stamps. Stamped onto metal with blue Stayzon, metal embossed and shapes cut out and stuck to card with glossy accents. Finally the word travel stamped and silver embossed sideways top left. Not at all what I had in mind when choosing the theme for this week but hay ho here is how it came out, think its all those mens cards we saw last week.

We have a great prize this week from Tanda Stamps just leave a link to them in your post to be in the random draw.

Exciting news to share with you our very own Michelle is a published designer, check out the July issue of Craft Stamper to see Michelle's beautiful Oriental ATCs themed around Haiku poems she and her brother composed.

Take care and have fun.

Comments

  1. This is brilliant Zoe and thanks for a great challenge topic to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous hun - great challenge this week. Love those metal bits!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very touchy feely indeed Zoe!
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge Zoe and I love your fabulous creation. Lot of texture going on here.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stamps - clever you to get Andrews to make 'em up!

    Probably no creative stuff for me with this weather if I got stuff out a young man would be fretful at my using his table space!!

    Hope all's well
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Zoe this works really well, great texture to the background and I just love your silver cogs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Zoe, I love the colours you've used and the textures are just stunning ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh love, love the colours and textures, beautiful. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, Zoe! Love the metal and that background. Must try the pva and paint thing x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh hun what a brilliant creation,love the metal in the background,hugs cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific work, love all the different textures. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very touchy feely lol loving all the texture this reminds me (your card reminds me) that it's fathers day soon in the UK so I had better get cracking on something lol

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful image, love the texture of your background and the little metal things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Zoe
    Great work as ever, just a quick visit to catch up on what you have been up to, still need to get back into the groove properly after the wedding holiday so will be back.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great work Zoe,
    A little steampunk nautical going on here. I'm working on some of my own at the moment!
    Love your piece!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card Zoe. Thanks so much for your comment and for reminding me to add a link! X Anne X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Zoe, what a lovely card. Makes me so want to be beside the seaside. Thanks for giving me a nudge about linking to Tanda Stamps. I've done this now in my thread. Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Textured background is amazing! Love the imagery xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is superb.
    Thanks for the reminder comment on my blog about Tanda - I've now added a link to them on my post (so busy here that I didn't read Taggers properly - oopps!) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love what you did with your card. Thanks so much for reminding me about linking Tanda on my card. I changed it to include the link.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx