Just for Fun - Triangles

Last Thursday of April and the eve of the Royal Wedding cannot help wondering how Miss Middleton is feeling right now!   She seems to be a very level headed confident woman and imagine that she has it all thought out.  Good luck to them they make a striking pair.

Well back to Thursday and the last week of Von's shape challenges.   Some of you have said that you found these challenging and I quite agree there is so much you can do with a shape its hard to know where to start.   If you check out the samples over at Just for Fun you will see that each of us had a very different take on it.

I seem to have been stuck on acetate or transparent material this month this week is no exception with the acetate top to my triangle box.   Its another of those 3D folded things i am so fond of the.

White linen card stock cut out to make the triangle base box.   All three sides stamped with the same flower and gold embossed then coloured with Promarkers.   The rest of each side then coloured with a peach colour.    For the top the triangles had to marked out with an embossing tool and then the acetate cut out, there is a little tab to hold the three sides in shape.  Some Viva gloss paint scribble down the sides, as much to show that there is an acetate top in the picture as anything LOL.

We have had a lot of fun with these shapes this month thank you Von, check the challenge out at Just for Fun.

Comments

  1. oh hun this is brilliant ,gosh love the 3d effect it gives,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the very same Zoe, but she does seem a very confident person and will have it all sussed I am sure, not that I imagine she will have any need to worry herself about arrangments.

    This is a very unusual piece and very 'you', but it's good to stretch ourselves into new ideas.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A most unusual box Zoe :)the acetate top in inspired :)
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful piece, Zoe, lovely colours and the acetate gives it an ethereal look. Just great! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW so dimensional, love it. Great use of the acetate too, with all that wonderful stamping and those lovely colours to compliment xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The acetate is looking like glass, a brilliant piece, gorgeous colours. Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I first saw this I had not a clue it was acetate. What a fabulous box you have made. Love the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your purple squiggles, looks so dimentional, I want to stroke it lol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi There ! Love your triangle and your gorgeous design just blew me away to know it is acetate. The colours are so vivid and I just love them.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your box Zoe the purple is very striking. I will try and join in with the challenges once the family have gone back to Canada, I really don't know where the time goes I intend to join in each week but the time just seems to disappear lol

    Hope you are ok
    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful box Zoe. Not sure I envy you working with acetate! The finish is perfect.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx