Father's Day Tag

Spent a lot of this 'free' time I have looking around at different challenge blogs and the entries.   So many wonderful projects to see and so many kind generous sharing people.    On my virtual travels I came across A Crafty Kind of Truffle, a monthly challenge whose theme this month is to make a Tag for Dad.

The theme stayed on my mind and so clearly a tag had to be made.    the base of this is more of my 'waste' paper.   I always work on a scrap desk calendar which gets covered in ink of various kinds and colour.   Sometimes its a muddy mess fit for nothing but the recycling bin, other times like this it makes an exciting colourful background.     Got my fab new Andy Skinner stamps out again using DI Vintage Photo to stamp with, pulled the colour in to fill the bird using a water brush.    The letters of the sentiment 'Always Follow Your Heart' were highlighted in gold leaf pen, broad nib gold leaf pen used to write Dad.

Why not check out A Crafty Kind of Truffle for yourself.    Andy Skinner Stamps available from Craft-Room.

Comments

  1. oh love this hun,the colors are great,the sentiment is great and love how you have done the letters in gold leaf hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Tag Zoe, love the colours, too Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty love the gold in combination with those lovely zingy colours , just goes to show we should never bin anything ,! I love this.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab..so original and love the colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag Zoe, the colours on this are very pretty
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is so pretty. Gorgeous colours
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the colours on this gorgeous tag and Andy's stamps are lovely but I don't have any yet.....
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag. Great background colours and stamping.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your tag Zoe, that background is fab. I work on an old desk calendar too but usually end up with the muddy mess lol Well done on making your background from yours

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful color combo, love the effect. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Zoe, Gorgeous tag, happy accident colours, they work beautifully on your tag for a Dad, love it! :0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous use of scraps and great stamps. Another new challenge blog, you are finding them aren't you?
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous background, love the whole tag. Helen will be so pleased to have another participant on her blog.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tag, love the colours. That's a lovely bird image.

    Sam xxx

    http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is a post waiting for you on my blog xxx
    http://acraftykindoftruffle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx