Friendly plastic and cloud clay

The other day on Create and Craft the lovely Liz Welch showed us how to make lovely pendants using Cloud Clay as the core.

My packet of clay has been in the box for a while but I missed Liz's demo last time so really pleased to catch it this time.   Then I had to play.

To pieces of clay cut out with a heart shaped cutter and twisted.   Two more pieces cut with a circle cutter, a stamp pressed into on and Perfect Pearls used on top.   All the clay left over night to set.   Strange stuff even when set it feels the same but holds its shape, it is also extremely light.    Once set cut some pieces of FP and softened it in warm water, the plastic fits over the core and needs just a little smoothing with an oil covered finger.   The seams were 'covered' with thing strips of FP making little accents on the twisted hearts.    When the plastic was in place all four pieces were given a protective coat of triple thick brush on glaze.

The oil does not seem to effect the clay, getting it wet with water does not soften it but a residue of black (the clay colour) is left on your hands.    Thank you Liz for sharing this with us.

Beginning of May sees a whole new batch of monthly challenges, at By the Cute and Girly the theme for May is anything goes, so these FP pendants are a good fit :)

Comments

  1. Very cool Zoe :)
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Zoe. You have got me playing with FP now, too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Zoe and such great colours. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pieces Zoe. I watched Liz too and was inspired to get my friendly plastic out again (although I've not had a chance to yet). TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Zoe. I haven't come across cloud clay before. It looks amazing. Beautiful!
    Think I may enter my canvas I've just blogged in the Cute and Girly challenge this month as anything goes.
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting pieces. I love that shimmer it has. I have so got to play with some of this stuff. thanks for sharing and ahve a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Zoe, this looks amazing!! and again, thank you so much for your special package! You are such a special person.
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Firstly please return to my blog for my answer if you dare !!!! This is gorgeous love all the shimmery colours very impressive indeed.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed that day at school when the gave out the warning !,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed the first programme Liz did but caught most of the second one. These look amazing Zoe, and I love the colours. I still HAVEN'T got mine out of the box to play with - I really must have a go soon.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Missed the programme as well, your pieces look gorgeous. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ouuu! These are fantastic! The colors are really superb and almost entrancing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful - I've never tried FP but always been intrigued...seeing this I'm tempted!Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zoe, you've certainly mastered this craft. your pieces look amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great results, Zoe. I'm loving FP tho' need lots more practice to get to your standard, lol!xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great colours, especially the green one!!! Also love the texture to the black piece. Fab makes.

    Sam xxx

    http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are brilliant hearts Zoe they make fab pendants

    jackie x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx