Guinness cans

Not so long ago Tracy had a blog Candy offering some of her empty Guinness cans that had been flattened.  I was the very lucky delighted winner.   Been itching to have a play but other projects kept getting in the way.

Finally got my opportunity.   Watercolour board given an initial layer of Distress Stains (DS) in weathered wood.   Now I know why everyone is raving about these stains.   Layers of stamping using Paper Artsy stamps and DI initial layers stamped in yellow and blue next layers in dark green.   Some torn and embossed Glassine paper just seemed right at home on top.   Next using Paper Artsy dies cut the metal in flowers and leaves.   The metal cuts just as well as any other metal I've used.  Now to colour my flowers, having just received the new Marvy Le Plume alcohol ink markers and some Copic refill inks gave these a try with great results.   Finally the metal was embossed some on TSS embossing plates and some in Cuttlebug folders.   Because the metal is a little thicker and maybe more brittle with some of the embossing it split in places adding yet another layer and dimension to the flowers.

I am entering this into the following challenges

Tuesday Throwdown                              Use Die Cuts
Simon Says Stamp and Shoe                   Anything goes
The Crazy Challenge                               Anything goes
Make it Monday                                     Anything goes
Kaboodle Doodles                                 Lots of Layers

Comments

  1. oh wow .. love it .. and its recycled .. even better . I love those colurs
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Zoe. I love working with metal, too, but I have never tried Guiness cans! Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAGIQUE? SUPERBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    BRAVO MD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well who would of guessed, squashed Guiness cans hey!!!! Fab idea and love all the bright colours. So then you're hooked on the stains already, didn't take long did it!!!

    Sam xxx

    http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just great - fabulous idea and vivid colours...
    Thank you very much for joining in at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing project Zoe, love the colours they are gorge. hugs and smiles heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous Zoe! Thanks so much for your help with the blogger programme I have done as you suggested and Google Chrome is my new best friend LOL x Thanks Pal I owe you one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great Zoe, I love the great colours

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colours, great technique, you rock Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fantastic, amazing what can be done with with an empty can. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the title hooked me in straight away and then to see those fab flowers and gorgeous colours. Great job Zoe.
    Hope you've had a good weekend.
    luv and hugs brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE all the very cool elements you have put together on this card!! Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just been looking back at all the wonderful things you've been making this week. All fabulous as always but I think this is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just got these die cut flowers a little while aga and I see we have done something similar , they really lend themselves to metal.Fab creation you have such a way with colour looks amazing.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I KNEW you'd do something amazing with the metal sheets!

    I love your background, and your textured flowers are OUTstanding!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx