Remembering Dad

My Dad never made it into the 21st Century think he found the latter part of the 20th rather more complicated than necessary.   He was sport mad when he finally got a television it was so he could watch sport on it.  Any sport all sport and pretty much only sport, but Dixon of Dock Green was allowed LOL

Well the new Crafthouse vintage sport stamps caught my eye and reminded me of him.   Then Tando released their new sports sets including this cricket set and a Father's Day card was inspired.
Base card coloured with various green DI.   Nestie cut on white card stamped and coloured with Marvy La Plume, Pro Markers and DI attached to card with sticky pads.   Cricket Chippie set coloured with DI and Pro Markers for the bat handle.   Dad die cut with mirror card.

Am entering this into

Pollycraft Monday Challenge (just squeezing under the wire)  Boyz to Men

Wednesday Stamper     Think happy thoughts :)

Comments

  1. Fancy you remembering Dixon of Dock Green, aaah those were the days.......lol
    Smashing Fathers Day Card Zoe. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, hope you have lots of happy memories
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout xxx

    Sam xx

    http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Memories hun.
    Great card, love the image..

    Huggies Angel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a fabulous card, Zoe! I was just making a men's card too--why is it easier for me to cards for women? I have no idea! lol
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Zoe and lovely memories of your dad. Have a great day and thanks for sharing. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Dad loved all sport too - and he was a policeman. I remember Dixon of Dock Green as a child - but now we really are showing our age.
    Love the remembering Dad card Zoe, a lovely touch.
    Hope you've had a good weekend.
    luv and hugs brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card and not always so easy to make Men's cards. Love the layout on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card Zoe. Thanks for joining us this week at Pollycrafts.

    Hugs

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Zoe

    OK so you now have us all humming the theme tune to Dixon of Dock Green (well those amongst us that can still remember it). Definitely not a high definition picture in those days LOL!!!

    My Dad didn't make the 21st Century either. Not to sure what he would have made of it .. .. but I know he wouldn't be impressed with the way things look at the moment. I can hear him having a good old moan even now!!

    Sport didn't feature too much for Dad other than checking "the pools" on a Saturday night in the hope he had won on "the football coupon".

    Great card though Zoe. This image will be a hot favourite for quite a few male cards over the coming weeks.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Evenin All ! Oh my god Dixon of Dock Green that takes me back. What a lovely card very unique with the old cricket bat.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. well i have to admit - i rememebr Dixon of Dock Green lol
    LOve the card .. the cricket bat and stumps are fab
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx