Steampunk tag with a spoon

Wonder if it will be less windy today yesterday the winds were back guess its the fact of a Bank Holiday week-end coming.

Tag Tuesday this week really appealed to me, the challenge is to use a spoon in some way on your tag.   This little wooden spoon has been in my stash for over a year waiting its time.   It came from a really posh sandwich place so much nicer than a plastic spoon knew I'd have to do something with it and now Tag Tuesday gave me a reason.

Distress stains Peeled Paint used to colour the spoon, walnut stain around the edge.   Lots of little watch parts and glossy accents down the handle.   The tag is half a DL card, covered with Tando cog mask dabbed through with Wild Honey.  Then Prima masks hot air balloons and pocket watch dabbed with bundled sage.   Vintage Photo used to stamp Creative Expression Zeppelin and Recycled moving parts stamp.    Grunge paper flowers coloured with Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade.    Basic Grey papers die cut with TH cogs die.   Spoon, flowers and cogs layered onto tag and stuck in place.    End of spoon and centers of flowers dabbed with glue and florists sand sprinkled over it, one final watch part added to petal of flower in spoon.   Inca Gold touched to flowers and cogs.

Steampunk is all about those wonderful late 19th and early 20th century H G Wells, and the like, sci-fi stories with fabulous machines and stylish ladies and gentlemen.   Highly ornate and fantastical themes the mixture of soft and pretty offset by mechanical wonders of all kinds.    Not sure what you would use a Steampunk spoon for perhaps it opens cans of food and heats them for you as well.

Steampunk is the theme this fortnight at Tanda Teaser, guess this is my entry.

Comments

  1. Love this tag Zoe! Your tip about unticking the sign in works if you can get to the sign in section.... ok at work, not at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is one brilliant tag hun love the colors and dimension on this hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fab way of showcasing the spoon .. must have been a posh shop lol.. i love the colours and the flowers too
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great tag Zoe and i love that spoon

    Have a great weekend
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was sure I just commented, but it has disappeared! Love your little wooden spoon, and much posher than plastic! I think I will try the Tanda steampunk challenge, too, sounds good! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never seen a wooden spoon like this - obviously I do not frequent such posh places. Great idea and great use of Steampunk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well what a novel idea for a spoon - lol

    I think I have one of those too, maybe I'll dig it out

    Fab tag and great integration with the aid of the spoon!!!!

    Sam xxx

    http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done!! Thanks for taking the challenge! And I always love steampunk!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag Zoe , love the spoon ! I'm hoping it's not going to be too windy at the week end too, but I don't think my wish is going to come true ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it a true crafter, you can see something other would just see as rubish and make a beautiful work of art!!!
    We too are having a bank holiday this weekend, have a wonderful weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mix of flowers and cogs on this tag Zoe and great use for your spoon.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh this is fabulous Zoe!!! love the spoon!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tag! I love the use of the spoon....fantastic. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic tag and really liking your steampunk spoon, great recycling:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving all those watch parts down the spoon handle! and I love the way you've positioned the cog die cuts over that stamp!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super tag Zoe. Love how you have decorated the spoon handle. Fab idea.
    Have a great weekend.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Zoe - This is a great tag...I love all the little details on the spoon handle..I obviously don't go to the right places I only have plasitc ones!! Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful way of using your wooden spoon Zoe. A fabby tag my friend. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowww,this is amazing spoon tag,i love steampunk,wonderfull.


    Hugs and smile Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed catching up on your work. Been away from the computer awhile, so am behind. Love the tags you have done, and the Steampunk is great! Love that spoon!
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your sppon tag...just trying to get into "steampunk" myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now that's where all the spoons are disappearing too and I thought they where with all the unmatched socks somewhere ! Another fabulous , gorgeous grungy tag.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx