Tag Tuesday - Blue and Green

 Blue and Green should never be seen. I have never understood that old saying the two colours compliment each other and look stunning together.   So when I saw the theme for Tag Tuesday at Blog Challenge Garden just knew I would have to enter.

A little while ago at the sewing shop found some beautiful blue and green lace which formed the starting point for this tag.   Base tag coloured with Alcohol Inks Stream and Lettuce over the masked image of three ink pens, you can just see glimpses of these near the bottom of the tag LOL.   In the same sewing shop found a bag of fabulous green buttons, on closer examination found that the bag contained the same style button in three sizes, well had to add them!   A La Blanche stamp, stamped in blue onto white paper which has been distressed with DI 'Old Paper' screwed up and finally roller top and bottom.   Some paper flowers coloured with Glimmer mists and added to the tag.   When it was all assembled a final blast of iridescent gold just catches the high lights.

Comments

  1. Very stunning tag Zoe. I think the colours are great together! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh love this hun i too never understood the saying either as love this color combo,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Zoe, love the aged piece of paper and like you I love bkue and green together.
    Have a great weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Blue and green are a wonderful colour combi. Your tag looks so fresh and vibrant, love it! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the lace! My favourite colours too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these colors together, my best friend's daughter has her bedroom painted in these two colors. I fixing to make her a graduation card in this color scheme. I haven't been pleased with my glimmer mist, but I think I would like them on flowers. I may try that on her card. thanks Zoe for the inspiration!!! I really do love this tag and the way you curled the writing part!!! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always remember my X MIL saying 'blue and green should never be seen' lol! What about nature then - the sky and the grass and trees. Silly woman!
    This is beautiful.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, the colours realy compliment each other. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. No me neither coz this is gorgeous. Do I recognise those buttons - lol

    Sam

    http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. One thing I have found in art is that there really is no place for "rules", as that silly saying illustrates. The tag is fabulous!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too gorgeous, Zoe! Awesomme!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty, the colours are perfect together and I love your buttons. Round here the saying is 'red and green should never be seen' Seems a bit harsh on Tulips to me! :O) X

    ReplyDelete
  13. you make blue and green sing! love this tag, the buttons make it extra special. thanks for your kind comments on my blog. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning tag. So striking. I love blue and green together regardless of the rhyme.
    Wanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just LOVE blue and green together...*G*

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your Blue & Green Combo Tag!
    The rolled up Script is Fantastic! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, there are so many beautiful details on this tag! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That tag is gorgeous...what rules......? x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx