Just for Fun - Winter

First of December where did the year go?   If this month goes as fast as the year so far Christmas is tomorrow!

With a new month the baton at Just for Fun has passed to me.   December is such a significent month Christmas, the end of the year but before those the December solstice.   At one time the solstice was the beginning of  the new year, the returning sun and lengthening daylight hours promise new life.   The celebrations and ceremony of the occasion might have passed from modern memory but we still celebrate and incorporate ancient traditions in our modern holidays.

So what has this got to do with February and Just for Fun.   With so much going on it seems a good time to look at the seasons of a year starting with Winter.   My February page is pink and fluffy and romantic but February is a winter month and in 2012 it is just a little more special as 2012 is a leap year.

Being far more sensible than me Von and Neet have used the theme of Winter very differently.   Hope you will join us at Just for Fun.

Comments

  1. this is great hun I love calenders,no idea why but love it when people make them,and yours is,gorgeous love the layout and those colors,they work so well,hugs cherylxxx
    hun can you email me your addy please want to get some cards,sent out xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh this is so pretty and romantic
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zoe. Super calendar page. Lovely and romantic.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm flattered you consider ME sensible LOL .
    A very flirty calender page Zoe :)
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about that time flys bye. I actually haven't even understood it's christmas in less than four weeks!

    I need to do a calendar. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful romantic calender page.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree too time is just whizzing by for me at the moment , i love your calendar page though, bet i dont get any valentines lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx