Craft-Room Challenge - Recycle


Hi it's Tuesday (well here in the UK, in America it is still Monday while in New Zealand Tuesday is nearly over.   Aren't time zones fun) Back to the UK where this is set to publish at midnight Tuesday morning, just the right time to announce a new challenge at Craft-Room.   Esther is our hostess this time with her theme of Recycle.    So with thanks to all of you who joined us over the last two weeks it is time to re-make something or make something over.


Our sponsor this time is Ali-Craft
English crafters may well be familiar with Ali and Iain at craft shows all over the island, theirs is a great stand for something a little different.  They have a terrific online store as well that anyone can go and browse.

Recycling and me do go together, I'm always fascinated by what something can become, so this was music to my ears kind of theme!    Last year at work we each had desk calendars contained in fold back plastic covers, it was a surprise then when this years calendars were not new pages to use in the cases.   Discovering that these cases were to be discarded I went on a mission to personally dispose of as many of them as I could get my hands on.   I've shared a few here already.

This time my old Plaid Gallery Glass and Liquid led sprang to mind.   The range as recently been making a reappearance on TV Shopping, well my supplies are all 14 - 15 years old I have not brought any since moving away from Bournemouth but the bottles that I have (some still sealed) have moved with me twice now.   As you can see they worked fine even if my skills were a little rusty.   The humming bird is taken from a stamp I have while the flower is a Plaid Gallery Glass design.   They can be decorative on their own in a window or with a piece of acetate over the plastic paint, can be used as a container for other pages.

Remember I said a little while ago that I'd come up with a new kinda art journal format?  Well this is it. A lot of the pages I've already shared but here are some more.


This one (above) made use of acetate report covers 'rescued' when the old reports were being shredded at work.   The office is a grand place to find recyclables. 


Finally here (below) is another altered calendar case, ProMarkers and Stayzon ink used on different sides of this one.

Sharing these cases with my two favourite monthly alter it challenges.
Altered Eclectics - Always anything Altered.
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Always anything Altered

As well as
That Craft Place - Alter a Can or Alter it (these are its)
Simply Create too - Anything but a Card


Comments

  1. Fabulous creations, you've been busy;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved seeing your recycled cases Zoe--hope you still have more:) These are wonderful pieces of artwork.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zoe, Great creations and a fab way of recycling something old. Thankyou for joining us at That Craft Place.
    Hugs Amanda (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, upcycling. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous pages... Love the designs you have been very busy...Thank you so much for joining us at Altered Eclectics... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous, fab idea.

    Thanks for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Challenge.

    Moira DT.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Zoe - these are great, I dabbled with glass painting many years ago but not even sure what happened to my supplies, looks like you haven't lost your skills at all, the desk calender thingys are lovely - as are the other projects, great idea for journal pages ! ...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous "altered" art...great recycling....
    Thank you for joining us over at http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.co.uk/....x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful job! Ty for sharing with us @ Simply Create Too!

    Amanda
    SCTDT
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your art journal is wonderful--I love up-cycling too! Great idea. Very glad you joined in the Simply Create Too "Anything But a Card Challenge" & hope you enter our next challenge also.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a beautiful project - thank you for sharing over at EE this month x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, so cool... a really inspiring recycling post!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. you've gone hard out reclining Zoe!!! just fantastic!! Debi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful collection of art projects and great recycleing.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx