Day 15 of 16

It rained yesterday, not really the weather to go looking round ruins soI stayed at home.   Think today will be a normal kind of Saturday or maybe that will be tomorrow it would still be nice to go to Tattershall if I can.

So I used up some scraps.


A pre-cut page for my journal thingie, this was stamped last week with the flower filled piano but it did not work as planned and so set aside.   The embossed card used for yesterdays card a piece left over covered here with some kitchen foil previously experimented on.

The foil has been coloured with alcohol inks and other paints gilding flakes and glitter dropped onto the wet paints.    Old Johnsons floor polish dripped over and a piece of recycled acetate places on top.    I left this for several days and then separated the foil and acetate.    Ruined the Acetate with a stamp such is life.   The foiled placed over the embossed card and gently worked with 10SS tools to bring out the design.

The foil covered card hides the bad stamping on the base card.   The base card coloured with both DI and Adirondack inks, the lolly stick was pre coloured.    Both card and stick stamped with Crafty Individual Stamps the stick lined up to fit over the card.

It is playing like this and just finding out what happens that I love to do and these 'journal' cards are perfect to experiment on.

Sharing the results with
Daring Cardmakers - No scissors please
Left of Center - Use Metal

Playtime.

Comments

  1. This piece looks interesting Zoe.
    I hope you manage your day out today
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to pop over and thank you for your very kind comment this morning Zoe, it meant a great deal.

    And I got to looks at this gorgeous card with all the lovely texture.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous art work, love the colours and the layout! Thank you for sharing this at Left of Center this fortnight! Remember we are going weekly from the 4th of July and if you'd like to join us as a guest DT, let me know! Mo dt coordinator xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your art work with us at the Daring Cardmakers blog. There's so much to see on your card and I like the "natural" shades of blue and green you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embossed and coloured foil looks great! Thank you for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab journal page, love the colors. Thanks for sharing with us at LOC.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx