Wooden Tag


I love poppies, have always loved them cheerful bright red delicate flowers popping in verges on waste sites all per the place these delicate flowers bring a cheerful splash of colour.

So I've been looking at this tag wondering what to do today a poppy stencil reminded me of it's existence.  Gave the MDF tag a coat of weathered wood distress stain and then used the stencil with embossing paste.    When it was dry, with the help of a heat gun, white DI stain worked over everything and the embossed paste coloured with ProMarkers.    Various floral and flourish stamps decorate the sides of the tag some before the second coat of weathered wood stain applied and then Promarker Twilight finally more stamping.

The butterfly is wax paper, it was used to help cut some DP with a die but when it came out of the die I decided that the wax paper die cut was better for this.   There is a little bee stamp top right of the tag as well.

There are challenges to share this with!

Amusing Challenges - Use Dies
Colour me Creative - Anything Goes
Scrap it Girl - Things with Wings
Tag Along - Wings
Sisterhood of Crafters - Tag your it
Open minded Crafting - Something with Wings

Comments

  1. What a fabulous tag and love the waxed paper butterfly! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘TAG YOU’RE IT’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! I just love it!! I want to be able to run my fingers over the texture, lol - Hope that doesn't sound too odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tag and what a great idea to use wax paper for your butterfly

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous details in the process of creating this tag. Thanks for playing along with our "Anything Goes" challenge at Color Me Creative. Cathy xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful tag! I love how the flowers just pop! Great butterfly! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap It Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love poppies too! This is a great tag and I'm so glad you shared it on my Amusing Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a stunning tag! Love the background color you have used and the fabulous butterfly it's so soft!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous tag. Love the colors and butterflies. Awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Embossing paste.. I have not seen that yet, but I love the look it gives. Will have to try it for sure! Absolutely gorgeous tag!!! Just amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool tag. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap it Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tag is awesome....the waxed paper butterfly is BEEEEEaUtIful!!! .Thanks for joining us at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice idea! Thanks for taking part in Scrap it Girl challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. delicate and lovely... Thanks for playing in the "Things with Wings" June Challenge at www.scrapitgirl.com!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the use of wax paper! Thanks for joining the challenge at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx