Monochromatic CAS

Carried on playing yesterday, my paper crafting mojo is on the ascent just now at the cost of my jewellery making mojo.   Seems I have mono creativity!

My good friend Jane pointed out the Less is More sketch to me yesterday, thinking yesterdays post "Winged Things" would fit.   Little did she know I already had this card waiting to have its picture taken.


I'm of the opinion that CAS should be flat one layer, but the original cast cards tended to be a blank card with an inchie in the middle vertical line and the base on the middle horizontal line.   The inchie would be of a standout colour or maybe a fabric like hessian on top of this would be a charm.   I really disliked those cards.   If you look at some cards today described as cas they are positively dripping with colour images and embellishments by comparison.   So for this card I trod a middle path.

Wanted monochrome, shades of teal/aqua/green.    The stamp is Kaisercraft the ink Stayzon additional colouring from felt pens.   The main butterfly stamped twice and given a 3d layer.    The ribbon stops this being truly monochromatic even with the green thread running through it.

This is the LIM sketch my card is based on.











I am also sharing this with.
My Sheri Crafts - Thinking of you kind of sentiments
Creative Artiste Mixed Media - ATG with Butterflies and Flowers

Now what sort of a day is this Papercraft or Jewellery?

Comments

  1. Another gorgeous card Zoe. I remember those original CAS cards - you still see the occasional one on Pinterest but even those have a lot more interest to them now. The "handmade" style ones in stationers shops still tend to be like that though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those teal and aqua shades are my absolute fave, they look so pretty against the white. I always think of CAS as being, clean lines, limited embellishments and lots of white space so this is perfectly CAS in my eyes.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very pretty card! Love the colors and design! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your interpretation of this sketch and I love the colours that you've used :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely images and my favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! And you have a "Mono Mojo" - LOL XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Zoe, I love what you have done with that Kaisercraft stamp, the way you have made it look like that is the way it was designed to be... Thank you so very much for joining in our challenge over at Creative Artiste...

    Hugs Rhonda DT xx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful CAS Thank You card. Thanks for playing with us at My Sheri Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colours and a stunning image here Zoe!
    Fantastic and elegant use of the sketch and thanks so much for playing along at less is more.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just loving the shade you chose for this Zoe.. super stamps too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!!! Beautifully CAS and I love the colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card I live that colour

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this card, love how you used one colour xx Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very Beautiful and effective !!! Thanks for joining us at http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk
    hugs
    Kerry (DT)
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!

    Glenda's Cards

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx