Trying to photo mirror card

At this time of year with low light most of the time you need a flash and that gets flare.  So you scan it and that flattens it.   In desperation you resort to the iPad and presto a half way decent picture.

Some shadow but that is the best I can do.   Started this card last week having seen a colour challenge, at Your next stamp.

Going through my Promarkers I have hopefully matched the colours.    Firstly the base silver mirror card was coated with blender pen, then the colours scribbled over.  A blender base helps the colours to spread and merge, I continued to colour and blend until the background suited.  I wanted a kinda blurred, out of focus, riot of colour, not dis-similar to the inspiration picture.

To stamp in mirror card you need to use Stayzon or a similar.   These types of ink pads and solvent based pens do not mix.   Acetate to the rescue.   The butterfly is from Indigo Blu stamped in purple stayzon.   The acetate run through my large A4 platform big shot in an embossing folder.   The embossing is a taken from the bubbles in the image.

It is not that common that I use a sentiment but this card needed something.  Taking a white tag, Adirondacks inks and Inkylicious Dusters the pink and teal were blender over the tag and a little sunshine yellow added because I like it.   The word was a recent magazine freebie stamped in purple.

The whole assembled with split pins randomly placed in the corners, choice here carefully and selectively place of deliberately misalign them.  I went for misaligned.  once assembled everything stuck to base card with sticky pads.

Also sharing this with Simply Create too and their Something New challenge.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous!!!!! I love the colors you have chosen. I have never actually stamped on mirror card, always used it as a embellishment - stunning creation! xoxo Christi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool results with the embossing. The colors look great mixed that way. Thanks for joining in challenge #31 at YNS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx