Twofers - Metal Heavy or not



It is nice to see that our little challenge is growing, Christmas is past and people are starting to make a wider range of projects our prompts are inspiring more people to join in.   This fortnight it is my turn to host the challenge and I have chosen Metal for our theme.   It can be metal of any kind and represented in any way knifes and forks, medallions or ploughs any thing that represents the theme Metal.  We are a stamping challenge and ask that all projects include it in some way.  


My metal is Gilding flakes, gilding is the use of paper thin leaves of gold.   Not sure that my flakes are precious metal but they are certainly metallic

For the 5 of Diamonds I used the treble cleft from Inkadinkado, an old rubber on wood stamp.   Stamped in red and then quickie pen used to apply tacky glue.   The diamonds are from Clarity treated in the same way.    Once the gilding had settled the red glow was added with Ink Dusters and the 5 drawn on with Sakura pens.


The 10 of Diamonds has been completed in the same way, this time the 10 diamonds down the middle are Tim Holtz stamps used in full as designed and then again in half on the outside.   The two flocks of 10 birds are from the same TH mini set.   The main diamonds are from the English Stamp company and as I'm sure you can see the 10 is gilded.

What will your metal projects look like?   Remember one person will be chosen to be the winner with $20 to spend at Alleystamps.  I can vouch for the quality of their service 


Comments

  1. Lovely project Zoe

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that gilded finish, your cards look wonderful. Really looking forward to seeing the completed pack!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!! Love the red highlights :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You inspired me to finally use my gilding flakes! I think these cards may be my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx