First a wooden hanger sanded down. Next cup hooks screwed along the bottom. One side was much easier to set the hooks into, there is one hook less on the left hand side simply could not do it. Time to decide what material to use. I have a small stack of fat squares in cotton, cut 2 strips out of one to give fabric strips. Then there are the cotton doilies from years back (I knew there was a reason I brought all my stash with me when I moved, twice now). From the Powertex kit some Tee shirt cotton 'rope' and open weave/mesh hessian. More Bare Necessities hessian and some paper flowers.
I've just added Ivory coloured Powertex to my supply thinking it would be an interesting contrast to the Bronze. Started with the Ivory, the fat square strips and the doily.wrapped and draped the coated fabrics over and around the hanger. Then the hessian cotton rope were coated in bronze and added. Once I decided that the arrangement worked set the hanger aside for an hour or so until everything was touch dry.
At that stage I got a better look at the back and also realised that some of the hessian had not adhered to the project. To fix it some of the willow bark (from the first Powertex kit) was used to help support the back with Ivory. More of the Ivory Powertex used to secure the loose hessian and to add some paper flowers. Everything was now left overnight.
This morning satisfied with the result so far the now stiff fabrics were dry brushed with turquoise/teal, blue and copper pigment. Thinking it was finished I went so far as to take pictures. Rummaging for a die to use in a new project (still not properly decided let alone started) I came across some Prima flowers that were saved to just this sort of project. Poured out out a little more Ivory Powertex and added them, 2 went over flat paper flowers from the previous day, while the 3rd is just below the 3rd of the original flowers.
Now it is finished. Soon various necklaces and pendants I've made will be hanging from those cup hooks, just in case you wondered what they are all about. The way the Powertex adhered to the metal is also interesting and adds to the shabby chic style.
So I'm sharing this project with.
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Always anything goes.
A Gem of a Challenge - Anything but a card
Studio 75 - Flower and Chic mood board
Creative Artiste - Anything GoesPaperArtsy - Fabric