Mellow Years

Finally in my old age there are signs that I might be mellowing, or is it just yellowing with the passing of years?

Like so many of us I love butterflies and one of the loveliest sights is a butterfly taking full advantage of the sun by resting on a warm brick wall wings outstretched  and sun bathing there.   Those of are few times when you can really look at the colours and patterns nature has gifted them with.

This tag was prompted by Butterfly challenge, Y is for years and/or yellow.  Thank you Mrs B for selecting my last entry as a top pick I was so surprised and thrilled.  Don't expect that to happen again but the theme got me thinking.   Started with my birth year as the stem of the flowers, not sure the number 60 was needed but it was added anyway.   Out came the new (to me) TH mini stencils, this time one that passes for brickwork coloured a part with scattered straw and then blended more of the colour from the left to help the fade.   The roses stamped in something or other Lemonade are the same as used the other day on a pink and green tag, La Blance my first ever set of their stamps.   The rose outline has been picked out in yellow Do Crafts Pen.    The butterflies are a Hobby Art stamp, Memento expresso is the stamping ink the colouring is with Chameleon Pens well one yellow pen.

Along with the Butterfly challenge I'm sharing this with
Shopping our Stash - How does your garden grow?
Seize the Birthday - Topping options Birds, Bees or Butterflies
The Artistic Stamper - All things Bright and Beautiful
Crafters Cafe - Things with Wings
A Vintage Journey - Monochromatic, taking a little artistic licence here stamped in Brown but then brown is kinda a very dark yellow.

Had a fabulous day with Crafty Friends yesterday, it is the Summer Caxby crafters retreat week-end.  could only manage one day this time as today I have to strip the bathroom ready for the builders tomorrow.  But did manage a little wire work with this ring and made a start on another pendant.


Comments

  1. Thanks for your compliment on my card for Crafters cafe; stil a bit blushing here :)!
    Your tag looks wonderful with the yellow flowers and bricks behind the beautiful coloured butterflies! A beautiful project, just as your ring!!
    XOXO, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Zoe: I love your bookmark, beautiful colors, fresh and fun.
    Your ring is gorgeous!!
    Thank you for playing along with Shopping Our Stash, hope you join us again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello: saw this at SOS and came in for a close look... glad I did! The colors are so vibrant and natural. Also love the ring... labradorite? One of my faves...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful tag with the pale shades to show off the butterflies on the wall.

    Gorgeous ring and it seems like a nice place to go to learn and enjoy yourself.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful tag with those lovely butterflies. The ring is .... Wow. Good luck in the Butterfly challenge crafty hugs Pen x Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tag in yellows! Beautiful brick stencil background - perfect for your pretty fluttering butterflies - and what a lovely ring you made! Thanks for playing along with the AFJ challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fab entry and I love how you have woven your year or birth into the flower stem. Fantastic idea. The flowers and butterflies look so right here on your tag. Thank you for fluttering by my new challenge. Your card will be entered twice into the challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the summery tones of yellow that you have used in creating your tag and I like the way you have incorporated the dates into your design. Thanks so much for joining in our Monochromatic challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous mellow yellow tag, and I love the wirework ring! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely tag Zoe. Love the the butterflies. Thank you for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe and we look forward to seeing your projects again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag! I really love yellow! I can't wear it but my cards can! giggles

    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday!

    Patti

    p.s. LOVE your ring! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Bright and beautiful! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx