Tribute to Nice

You would think now that the Shower room is finished and all the other bits and pieces are done today I would have wanted to clean up.  No, woke up this morning with ideas bursting and bouncing around in my head.   Then I caught up on the news about the latest attack in France.


This is another  of the 4.5" x 5.5" pieces I make from time to time, they go into desk calendar folder making nice little pieces of office or home decor.  

The corner stamp are green shoots of a better future.   Everything is is either Blue, White or Red the colours of the French Tricolour.  The imagery is also French inspired, yes I know Nice is not Paris but this is intended as support for all of France, all of Europe, all the world.

First the Eiffel Tower stamped on base card.   Next the two girls at a cafe stamped and fussy cut then coloured with Blue and Red.  Using thin sticky pads image attached to the base.   Next the bicycle also stamped. fussy cut and coloured.   Thicker sticky pads for this as it lies over the cafe table and the base.   Next the large butterfly same treatment this time using the blending ability of the chameleon pens to play with the colouring.  This butterfly attached at the top of the base card by it's wing and then laid over the other elements.   Finally the small butterfly, just stamped and cut out then glued directly onto the base card.

All stamping (except the green shoots) was done in Adirondack Denim.  I mention this because I am entering this into the Butterfly Challenge, D Dimension &/or Denim.  Hopefully Avril will have forgiven me to turning down the prize last week.  It was not really my thing and should go to someone who will appreciate it.

Dream Valley Challenges - Colours of your flog, today my flag is the French Tricolour.  At least for now my national flag is the Union Jack Red White and Blue but I'm not sure how long the union will last now.

Melonheadz friends - Red, White and Blue
Pinspirational - Picture, which was a lot of the inspiration for this piece prior to the ultimate message I hope it sends.

Peace & Love


Comments

  1. Creafting is always better than housew***! Love your tribute to France, it is so sad what has happened there again. Have a good weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea to make this beautiful tribute page Zoe

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very fitting tribute. The butterflies also signify faith and hope. We live in very troubled times and a worrying future. Thank you for sharing and fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful tribute piece Zoe.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing your creative card in the MelonHeadz Friends "Red, White, & Blue" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just loved your card. Have you tried to enter my email address manually. Marlene at Dream Valley Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx