Twofers - These are a Girl's Best Friends

Time for another pair of playing cards.


Time for a new challenge at Twofers and the theme is mine, These are a Girl's Best Friend.   The pack needed a 7 & 8 of diamonds which put the song in my head, which made me think about real best friends.   Having been blessed with many good friends I am very lucky and my teamies on Twofers are two of the best.   Christi is still taking a break but plans to be back in September in the mean time Jane and I carry on hoping our challenge, themes and terrific sponsor Alleystamp and the $15 voucher will tempt you to join us.



7 of diamonds, I think everyone knows how fond I am of cats right up there in the Best Friends ranks.  The stamp was coloured with felt pens, allowing the stamping to be directly coloured.   Water brush used to pull the colour into to image, for the skirt some colour scribbled onto an acrylic block and picked up with the water brush.   Sakura pens add some sparkly moments.




8 of diamonds a little more abstract.   Girls like pretty things, which butterflies are.   We encourage our girls to dream and have ambitions we encourage them to soar to go as far as they can.   The main stamp here was stamped in grey and then elements coloured with those felt pens.

What are your thoughts on a Girls Best Friend?  Can you rubber stamp them?  Give it a go and share with us at Twofers.

Sharing this pair of cards with:
Creative Fingers - Always anything Papercraft Goes
Crafting with Friends - Always anything goes
Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes
DRS Designs - Pets are Family too (that'd be the Cat then)



Comments

  1. great theme and your cards are so beautiful Zoe

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great playing cards and ove the stamps and thoughts behind using them--Thank you for joining us at Crafting With Friends
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These playing cards are so lovely! I really like the stamps that you chose and the cat is super cute :) Thanks for playing at DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute cat card! Both cards are lovely. Thanks for joining us in the DRS Designs Pets challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, the kitty is my fav. Thanks for joining the DRS designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cat card is fab - don'tcha just love cute kitties!Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Simply Papercraft

    Sharon (Glittertastic)
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx