Warning, this posting includes PINK!

2 or 3 weeks ago the Hochanda One Day Special was a Deco Art/Tando kit.  I'm familiar with Tando and paint generally but not specifically Deco Art.  The demo hours for the One Day Special had Kate Crane showing us how to use the paints, stencils and various Tando elements in the kit.

Now I've started my own tester project.  5 years a go I made a "Book of Tando" using 6" square Tando Pages.   This is a little bit like that using the Tando Mixed Media boards in the kit which at 80mm x 116mm are much much smaller.


It is going to be interesting to see how my style has changed in 5 years and how much I absorbed from the Kate Crane demos.    The paint colours in the kit are Green, Turquoise, Red and Black.  There is also a pot of white gesso and a white tinting base which works with the coloured acrylics.

On this page I have also used Imagination Crafts shimmering acrylics both with a stencil and on its own for added accents.  The butterfly was stamped in red, coated with Stampendours Old Rose Shabby EP and then outlined with red Pro Markers.   Final touches with gilding wax. and Green Glimmer Mist.

This was glorious messy fun, more pages to follow as and when.  For now I'm sharing the with
Butterfly Challenge - P is for Punches and/or Pink.   Just Pink from me this time.
Cards and More - Embossing (2nd entry)
More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes (2nd Entry)


Comments

  1. It does look like you had fun making this. Love those butterflies and the oh so pretty pinks of the background. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at More Mixed Media Challenges blog and good luck !
    Maryvonne DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mixed media, love the pink shades and the gold accents!
    Thanks for sharing your piece of art at the Butterfly Challenge#59

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, and I love the jazzy colours, and the gold bits. I have a lot of chipboard pieces, this is inspiring me to dig them out and make something with them! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks interesting Zoe and always great see something a bit different too

    Love Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the different shades of pink you've used, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at More Mixed Media. Hope to see you again next time. (I love pink)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx