April's Page


Phoenix stencil is a new one for me from Sweet Poppy, yep one of those that I got on Sunday.   Think I've found a new and interesting way of embossing and colouring the images.   Firstly using a stencil brush or Inkylicious Dusters apply Adirondack dye based ink or Distress inks, then add embossing paste either clear or as here Imagination Crafts glitter paste in the usual way.    Using dye based inks means that when wet paste is added the ink is re-activated and tends to be absorbed by the paste.

Left the card overnight to go off and give myself time to think about the next steps.   I already knew that this would be for April.   The Phoenix is a symbol of re-birth, a fresh start, new beginnings, I love the symbol rising from the ashes.   Easter is also in April in 2017 again a celebration of renewal. So this has to be the April page.

The flame stencil used below the phoenix is I think Imagination Craft but if I'm wrong I apologise.   The outlines were traced with yellow felt pen and then coloured with more of those pens.    Shabby Shutter DI dusted onto the bottom of the page.   Adirondack Lake Mist and Sunshine yellow were dusted over the top part of the card.   Clarity blossom branch stamped green Memento and then coloured with the felt pens again.   April is done and literally dusted.

While making this I was struck that the colours used are Autumn shades, Yellows Oranges reds Browns and Greens.  So I'm entering this into the following challenges.

Artistic Inspirations - JFF Anything Goes
Ooh La La Creations - Shades of Autumn
Addicted to Stamps - Embossing wet or dry
A Gem of a Challenge - Colour


Comments

  1. Fabulous card, love the phoenix and how you have coloured it. Thank you for sharing with us at Ooh La La. Good luck in the draw and hop to see you back with again soon. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great ideas on this page and wonderful colours. A great use of stencils Zoe

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Calendar page, love the stencil you used and the autumn colours. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the colours and how you've used your inks. Very creative. Thanks for playing at OohLaLa, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic creation. Thank you for joining us at Addicted to stamps. hugs
    laurigam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx