Chain Maille

Something I have been struggling with for a while, just cannot seem to get all the little jump rings into the right place.    Thought I had figured out Box Chain but when I went back to it everything came out wrong.    So it is very satisfying to have made a series of Mobius rings with copper jump rings and turned them into a bracelet.


Scratchy bracelets are fun as well have made a few using Flourite and Quartz but this time I made one with something a little more precious Jadite, it feels really nice to wear as well.


Of course now the clocks have changed we are going to struggle to get good light for photos, had to turn the light on at 3:30 today but before then did manage to snap a pic of my July 2017 page.   It is not the last one I will show you but it was the last page needed for the calendar.


Have you heard of Yupo synthetic paper?  I had in connection with Alcohol inks and decided to try it.  On Ebay found some from SAA.  It is interesting stuff feels very smooth, soft and maybe fragile but is is not fragile at all.  With a piece of this fascinating stuff cut to size alcohol inks were dropped on to it.  Being synthetic the paper did not absorb them and they just spread across the surface drying slowly.  More inks dropped on top the the first ones and so on around the page.  One thing that struck me is how for a summer page these colours express hot sunny days, but at this time of year the same colours are all over craft blog land as Autumnal colours.

This paper is marketed as perfect for Watercolour and Acrylic paint, which suggests t can be stamped onto with dye based inks, something I'll try another day.   Not wanting mud my favourite TH stamp used with Stayzone on other rescued report cover.   Don't think it needs anything else.   Turns out July is pretty much a themeless period at least in papercraft terms so a hot background and an Asian Elephant sums it up.

That alcohol ink did not bleed through the paper so my guess is that solvent pens like ProMarkers will not bleed either.  Something else to check out along with lots of other techniques and mediums, not to confident of heat embossing. 

Sharing July with
Love to Create - Anything Mixed Media
MFP - Anything Goes
My Time to Craft - Autumn Colours (or Halloween)

I'll keep you posted as I explore more things with this interesting paper.

Comments

  1. Interesting bracelet ideas.

    I bought some of the paper a few years ago but never explored what it could be used for. I look forward to seeing your makes

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bracelets and your calendar page looks great. I have never tried yupo a it was always so expensive here. Have a good start in the new week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving both of your makes wow the alcohol inks look so vibrant on yuppo xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background on the card is very cool. Well done. Thanks for joining us at MFP Stamps Challenge!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't splurged to get the Yupo, but am tempted! Your piece is so artistic & beautiful! The bracelets are wonderful--you're very talented!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx