New Draws








Oh yes a little stick it together project, some glue and paint, a pretty little jewellery box.

The elements came clearly marked for very easy assembly, everything fits together neatly no gaps but a smooth finish.   Left for the glue to go off completely found myself with a very sturdy little 2 drew unit.

DecoArt chalk paints and crackle effect put to use.  First time using these products really pleased with the results in fact might just be the best I've tried, and believe me I'v tried quite a few.   All the layers left to dry and crackles to form.  Next stamping with Indigo Blu poppy stamps arranged, inked and pressed on.   Oh no! shrikes of dismay the words were upside down.   Back out with the crackle effect stuff and then more chalk paint, did not completely cover it but that just adds to the shabby chic effect.

Stamps with words the right way round added again and more of that set and the Indigo Blu poppy heart used on the drew fronts and box sides.    Chameleon Pens used to colour everything in edges and corners Treasure Gold in Green Amber.  Some late stamping of butterflies and we are almost complete.   Pieces of quartz attached with wire for drew pulls, just got to line the draws ready for some of my jewellery makes.

This is the sort of thing I really love doing it is great to be back on it again, getting my hands onto the project, shaping and styling it making it.   I'm going to share this with;

Altered Eclectics - Anything Altered Goes
Create and Inspire - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes
Love to Create - Anything Mixed Media
Eclectic Ellapu - Vintage or Shabby Chic
More Mixed Media - Anything Goes, option Orange (I've not used orange here)
A Inky Mess - Anything Mixed Media
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Altered or Mixed Media

I feel a tag calling now, see you later.

Comments

  1. Fantastic Zoe they look like something from a posh craft shop

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful


    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Regards,

    TTCRD DT

    Mel Gee crafts {My Blog}

    Through The Craft Room Door

    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous set of drawers! Love that crackle! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at More Mixed Media Challenges blog and Good Luck !
    Maryvonne - DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't this gorgeous...I just love it.
    A fab entry for this month challenge over at Altered Eclectics...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zoe..I'm back this time for Rhedd's Creative Spirit...
    I love how you have decorated your drawers..the textures and images are gorgeous...
    A great entry for our challenge this month...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Live these little drawers and the mixed media used on them for decoration. There are never mistakes in mixed media just layers and effect I say. Gorgeous make. Thanks for sharing it with us over at A Inky Mess#4. Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx