Messin' around

British weather, now the sun is behind clouds again and it is cold.   Did get out this morning to cut the grass got me thinking that the spring flush is not happening yet this year.   Still helps make it easier for me to get the outdoors into the shape it should be this year, and the Thyme is flourishing.

So this week-end has been craft room based.   Time for a little play, favourite animal, things with wings, pets were the prompts that were on my mind.  Where did it all go wrong?


Well first off i wanted a different format and I've not used anything from my Tando pile.  Two frames and a base used.  White base coat over the grey board, then acrylics in Blue, Yellow and Red mixed media style.   Then I really went off track!  dug out my old collection of broken watch parts and Steampunk style metal charms.   Arrangement decided everything stuck together with silicon glue and glossy accents.   Left overnight to settle, needed natural light to see it properly.

This morning I felt the whole thing needed wings, could not find my "Time Flies" stamp and no other text seemed right.   Blue card and the Bigz wings die, it really should be a TH die but it's not! hahaha.  Wings cut out they were embossed with a cogs folder.   Finally different metallic waxes applied.   I've ended up with a fun little piece of home decor.

Entering this into

Creates and Makes - My second entry to this monthly challenge this month.  They are always Anything Goes.

Pause, Dream, Enjoy - This is a weekly challenge I've not joined in with before but their theme this time is Anything but a Card.

Art Impressions Stamps - Winged things, well I had to didn't I.

Still feeling the need to stamp and ink I went on to look at a postcard.  This is a very popular format and they can be used in so many ways.  Card toppers, sending a post card as a greeting or make a set and frame them as home decor.  In a gentler mode this is what came out.


I've used 3 stamps here, not sure who made the text but it fits this space perfectly.  The wild rose or dog rose on the left is a PXS stamp or part of one at least the stamp along the top is a Kaiser Stamp and at about 4 years old the newest of those used here.   Everything was stamped in Archival Sepia all the colouring was done with felt pens.  Sort of card you might send to a friend just to say I love you.

Sharing this one with

4 Crafty Chicks - Another weekly challenge I've not joined before.  Their prompt this week is CAS, some might say this is not CAS but the definition seems to move from one challenge site to another.

Simply Papercraft - This monthly challenge runs from the last Friday of the month.  Theirs is also Anything Goes.

Creative Friday - This challenge is based in Germany, don't you love how international our hobby is.  All about the art none of the political stuff.   The Theme this fortnight is For a Woman.

Crafty Friends - I love any opportunity to use my collection of floral images, the theme here this fortnight is Flowers.  Perfect for me and this postcard.

Retro Rubber - I love their theme this fortnight, Old is New Again.   Since coming back from my break my style is definitely going back to those images and styles that really appealed to me first time round.

Hopefully the creative urge will visit again soon and there will be something else to share with you.
SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

  1. What a wonderful collection of elements for your project! Thanks for sharing this week at the PDE Linky Challenges. kREN http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to combine several stamp sets to create my cards and I love what you did on your card, all the images are beautifully colored and the feel is so elegant and definitely vintage.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful postcard, the stamps are wonderful. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely combination of stamps in your postcard. I actually have the Kaisercraft stamp - it was one of the first stamps I ever bought and I'd forgotten about it until I saw it here! The postcard is a lovely idea to use instead of a card - just perfect for notes. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge with this vintage beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Flowers’ challenge with your lovely card… you've used such pretty floral stamps. Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I certainly get the vintage feel for your postcard. Love it!! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely! Thanks for joining us at creative friday. Hugs,Beate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx