The days keep rolling by

Sometimes I wonder where time goes, it is already 10th July.   Cannot remember when it last rained round here, it does get hot in my craft room but I've had a little mixed media play.

Before I get to that here is a necklace made on commission for a customer, she has just picked it up and is thrilled to bits.  The lady concerned celebrates her 70th birthday this week and has used some of the birthday money her mother gave her to buy it.  I know right! she is a lovely person her mother is amazing.


Today I needed to take a look at my Mixed Media  ideas.   For me a Mixed Media project tends to take the form of altering something or working on a canvas and I wanted to see if it could be translated into something simpler like a card.


This card shows off a postcard sized topper with structural paste pushed through a stencil covering it.   Once the structure paste was dry the whole piece was coloured with distress inks.  Most of the colour added with my Inkylicious dusters working carefully over the paste and base.   A little glitter paste added to her lips while here eyes and brows were coloured with a fine paintbrush and distress ink.

Added to the card base that already had a torn piece of rice paper attached.  A little more careful tearing allowed the topper to be placed over and under the rice paper.  The rice paper on the top was wrapped round a paintbrush so that it curled.   

I'd like to share the card with

Creates and Makes Challenge - Monthly anything goes.
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes, week 1 of the new fortnightly challenge.
Love to Create - Always anything mixed media monthly challenge.
The Artistic Stamper - For July the theme is Distress it.

Well it is a lovely evening so I'm going to peddle off for a while now.


Comments

  1. Lovely, thank you for joining the challenge on the We Love to Create blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx