Inspiration struck

Have been a little flat recently but am getting back into the swing of it again.   This week I had a fabulous 1 on 1 silver smithing.  Recent requests for my chain maille to be in sterling silver I have registered with an assay office but before sending anything off for hallmarking I want to solder closed the jump rings that attach the clasp to the chain.   More expense as i get the equipment but being able to offer sterling silver jewellery will be a bonus.

Perhaps it has been that, perhaps the change in the weather or just a change in my fitness routine.  What ever it has been I can feel stirrings of creativity within.


This is one of my display busts, not one that gets used obviously.   So I decided to alter it, just a little.   Using printed paper is hard for me, it is not my art and feels like a cheat. However to get the idea of an emerging image as something else retreats this Imagination Crafts Rice Paper seemed just right.   The something else retreating is Imagination Crafts Starlights Texture Paste.   Various colour mediums used on this and on some of the other embellishments including Imagination Crafts Starlight paints, Imagination Crafts Alchemy Wax, Sweet Poppy Mica powder.  The flourish is a wooden one from Kaiser Crafts.  Three dyed onyx cabochons attached with silicon glue as were the pearls from an old stash of vintage jewellery I'v had for years. TH die cuts and some wire that has been gizmo coiled topped it off.  Looks great now in pride of place on a shelf in my craft room.

I'd like to share this with

Crafters Castle - This is the first time (I think) that I've joined this monthly challenge theirs is an Anything Goes challenge with an monthly optional extra, this time that is Elegant/Shabby Chic.

Creative Artiste - A favourite monthly Mixed Media Anything Goes Challenge.  I think this is only my second entry this month.

Altered Eclectics - A favourite monthly Mixed Media Anything Goes Challenge.  I think this is only my second entry this month,  There is a patten developing here.

Love to Craft - Another monthly Anything Goes challenge that I try to enter at least once every month.

More Mixed Media - This monthly Anything Goes Challenge has an optional that is usually coloured based, this time the optional extra is Brights.

I hope you all like my jewellery stand.

Comments

  1. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love To Craft! Hope to see you again!
    ~ DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great
    Thank you for sharing at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenges x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx