It is my Brother's birthday this month

So I've made him a card.   If you are a paper crafter and card maker you known how it is a shop bought card simply will not do.   It's ok for me to share it here as my brother does not ever visit.


So here it is.  Pastel blue pearlised card dusted with various blue DI a torn piece of paper used as a mask.   White card used for the topper, die cut and then stamped.   Once it was stamped the die placed back over it and then the brush used to dust the base card applied without additional ink.  The effect is a softer lighter blue that tones in with the base card and shows off the stamped image.  

To colour the happy looking fish full use of Chameleon pens allowed light and shade to be added with just a couple of pens.   These pens are very much my go to set now simply because of their inbuilt blender.

The same Memento ink used to stamp the fish was also used for the sentiment.  Glossy accent dots cover the fish eyes and suggest that the birthday wish is from him.

Here are the challenges

613 Avenue - Monthly Anything goes with an optional twist.   This month the Twist is Clean and Simple.   By some rules this might not be CAS but lots of white space does not seem to be a rule here.

Catch the Bug - A weekly challenge here and the theme this time is "Make us Smile"  Well this celebratory gold fish has been making me smile for years but he does not get inked very often.

My time to Craft - Week 1 of this fortnightly challenge and the prompt of "Under the Sea".

Just got to write a little letter now and this card will be on it's way.

Comments

  1. Wonderful masculine card. I love the way you've done those clouds and that fish stamp and the way you've coloured it in are fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute goldfish! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's Make Us Smile challenge, good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This "Under The Sea" birthday card made me smile. Love the hat. Thank you for taking part in the "My Time To Craft" #379 challenge. DT Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I just love this card, so full of fun, great design and of course the wonderful amusing goldfish. So pleased you chose to enter our challenge at My Time To Craft. We hope to see you again., Good luck. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That background is to die for!.
    Great card.
    So glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx