DIY journal

Are you all ready for Christmas?   All presents wrapped, just the fresh food to buy?  Or perhaps like me you don't bother with it all so much now.   The magic is there for the Children and some adults but not everyone.  It's been a little bit of a surprise this year to learn how many feel like I do about Christmas!

One of the lovely things I discovered this year is Sizzix dies designed by Eileen Hull.  These dies are great for 3d projects of the two I have collected thus far one was sourced here in the UK while the other came from America where the range is much more extensive.  It is the UK one a journal cover the first one I've played with.




The instructions suggest using mount board for these covers but I found some 12 inch square board that I cut in half and used.   It was also an excuse to use some more of that paper mountain stash I have.  The die puts holes top and bottom of the spine, I added more to stitch my pages in.   Jewellery put to use next with some little wooden beads making interesting stoppers.   The last of my Dreamweaver gold embossing paste pushed through a Tando mask and some green binding ribbon completed the project.

This was fun and I imagine there will be many more following this one out of the craft room.   Sharing my journal with:

Altered Eclectics -  I love this monthly  challenge where we are invited to share our Altered, Upcycled, Recycled, Mixed Media.   Have a lovely break girls, see you February 2019.

Love to Craft -  Another friendly monthly challenge inviting us to share any/all our craft projects.

Mix it up - Still enjoying monthly challenges and this one is always fun.  The December challenge is Anything Goes + no stamping.

Creative Crafters -  This is a 3 week challenge, again Anything Goes.  Don't you love how our world wide crafting hobby has inspired so many wonderful friendships?   This challenge site was born out of just such a friendship isn't that special?

Less than a week now and it will all be over, my wish to you is that your Christmas goes exactly the way you want and that you enjoy it. x

Comments

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MIU, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation, love the colors and design! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again. Thank you as well for your comments about our challenge blog. :)
    ~ DT Sherry x - https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab journal. Love the way you have bound it. Thank you for taking part in the December "Love To Craft Challenge. DT Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift!!! Love the colors you have chosen :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice book cover. Love the details. Gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Altered
    Eclectics this month. Hope to see your gorgeous artwork back here again when we return in February. Happy Holidays. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Journal. Love the way you bound it. Thanks for sharing and participating in the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx