CAS Gilding with a stencil

Serendipity often plays a big part in anyone creativity.  It matters not how carefully you plan your project the influences on you to create it are what makes it happen and what makes it work.   Happy accidents also work but the ideas that generate the creative need are the starting point.

Case in point.  I have been making post cards and "paper" crafting after a long break.  This blog has been reactivated to show off my recent burst of creativity.  Mac Mabel a girl of considerable talent visited and left a comment.  This wonderful woman and I have followed each other over the years and she has always been encouraging and supportive.  Anyway I digress.  Naturally I returned the visit to The Sweetest Of Peas blog where the first post was about CAS Stencil Challenge, my friend is the Guest Designer there this month.

This challenge site is a great one for introducing us to new and different techniques using our stencils.   The theme this month is
And there a several links to interesting tutorials on how to use/apply gilding flakes with a stencil.  OK back to the post cards.   As chance would have it I used Gilding Flakes and a stencil on another piece I'm working on (not case and not a card).  To apply a fixative through the stencil I used 3M creative adhesive spray, which is designed to make paper tacky and allow you to lift it and place it else where time and again.  So I discovered the challenge and needed to make a post card for a special friend who has a Welsh Section B who I nicked the kite many years ago.  

Dreamweaver Stencil, spray adhesive, lots of masking, mixed bag of gilding flakes.   Once image is gilded and complete Quicky pen and more gilding flakes for the ground.  Finally stamped the letters HAY and heat embossed them.  One more post card ready to go.



So who else can I share this with?  What about

My Inkie Fingers - Make it Pop (OK so it is flat that that gilding pops).
CCEE Stampers - Use a Stencil, now it does not get more Serendipdious than that.

Now I think it is time to go and queue outside the Co-op Stay Safe, Take Care and HAVE FUN. x


Comments

  1. Well, I am so glad that our friend Mac and our little challenge blog has brought you back as I think this gilded running horse is just fabulous and you have kept the background so clean. I can't imagine how you achieved that as gilding flakes get everywhere, and in my experience so does spray adhesive, but I am so glad you went for it as the finished result is fabulous. I hope we see you again soon, thank you so much for joining us at CAS Stencil xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is so pretty. What a neat idea. Thanks for joining us in our Challenge <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased that Mac (inspiration to many and far far too talented for her own good!!!!) inspired you to come back and allow your creativity to blossom once more! This is a fab card - the horse is amazing in the flakes - great that you have joined us at CAS Stencil for our Gilding Flakes challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zoe! Mac is a friend to many as well as always inspiring us with your amazing creations. So happy you came to play along with us . Your gilding flakes horse is beautiful, especially on the dark brown background. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely that you are back to crafting and blogging again Zoe, and that our lovely Mac inspired you to do a gilded stencil design! I just love that horse in all his gilded glory - the dots under his feet and sentiment are great design additions! thank you for joining us at CAS Stencil this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeos gilded horse Zoe, beautiful CAS design, thankyou for playing along at CAS Stencil, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thrilled Zoe that you found us thru our wonderfully talented friend...Mac:-) I Love your stunning elegant gilded stallion on the dark brown post card! Adding the gilded dots and heat embossed sentiment was all the embellishment needed. I think your post card is a 1st for our challenge..how clever of you. Sure hope you join us again at CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Zoe ....Thank you so much for your generous and wonderful comments about me. I have cherished our blog friendship x.
    What a stunner of a card. The dark cardstock with the fabulous gilded horse looks amazing and had a little chuckle about the Hay sentiment x.
    I jammed my finger in the velux window Zoe, whilst closing it and wow was it painful...Hence playing catch up x.
    Your blog post has brightened my day and thank you once again my friend x.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx