Spilt Milk

Well today is a very odd day.   It is the 30th April so really to late for April showers but we got them with high winds combined with the now normally quiet roads it rather feels like a Sunday from decades ago when Sundays were days where things stopped no shops open, church services on both the radio and television.  Your mother would be in the kitchen cooking the traditional Sunday Roast while your father dominated the sitting room pontificating on the evils of modern life.  

There is a surreal stillness in the air, an anticipation of something significant happening while at the sometime the expectation of anticlimax.   On the other hand I might just be very very bored!

Anyway I made a card just the one today and here it is.


The cat and the milk are both of course from the Tim Holtz set, I think it might be the first time I have inked this particular cat stamp!  Both cat and milk have been coloured with ProMarkers.  Vanilla for the milk, Warm Grey 2 & 3 for the cat.  The ink splat die is certainly being used for the first time and must have been waiting for it's moment for a couple of years.   Milk and splat are lifted off the base card by sickly pads of differing heights.

One of those cards when you are so satisfied with yourself that you are done for the day.  The chef's comment, "Yeah I really like that, the composition is all wrong but it works brilliantly."

Challenges I've seen this week and which will have been in my subconscious are:

Less is more - Scribbles Dribbles and/or Splats; 2nd entry
Dream Valley - Our 4 legged friends
Little red wagon - White (or any block colour) space



Comments

  1. Fun image and you did a great job with our Challeng theme this week @ Little Red Wagon. Great take with your white space.

    Thanks for joining us this week @ Little Red Wagon. Hope to see you back again soon.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun make and I love your choice of (milk) white for your die

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ink splat die cut is a fun idea with the milk and the quirky cat. Wonderful card and great composition! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific take on the splats challenge. I really love that die and the cat & milk are a perfect partnership. Thank you for joining us at Less is More
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naughty cat ! Great combination and fun take on our challenge. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx